01. 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

"Ryuuu

"Ryuuu... where are we going?" You asked your excited girlfriend as you two walked. You and your girlfriend took romantic walks all the time. Having random conversations about each other's day were always something to look forward to. However, this wasn't one of those walks. This time, you were blindfolded and you had no idea where she was taking you.

All you knew was that it was a sunny Saturday afternoon and your girlfriend apparently had something to surprise you with. She said it would most definitely make your day. What she didn't know, however, was that being with her had already made your day. Although, that didn't keep you from being curious.

You always considered yourself so lucky to have her in your life. She always knew just what to do or say to make your day more than worthwhile.

"A little patience, Y/N," Ryujin squeezed your hand gently and smiled. Or at least you think she smiled. You could hear the happiness in her voice.

Suddenly you began to feel the grass under your feet as she lead you. You two had been walking on concrete for the last few minutes and she obviously wasn't taking you to a destination that was far enough for a car. You hummed a little in thought.

"Are we going to the park?" You asked her.

"Ooh, close." She stopped for a moment, most likely to look around. "Almost there."

"This is a good surprise, right?"

Ryujin let out a small gasp. "You doubt me, babe?"

"...A little." You didn't actually doubt her. You were just trying to get her to spill some of the surprise. Patience was not your element today.

"Alright, we can just turn around. We could grab some coffee on the way." Ryujin spun in the opposite direction and started to pull you the other way. Your eyes widened a bit under the blindfold and you stayed still.

"Wait! I'm kidding! I trust you."

Ryujin let out her adorable giggle and started walking the right way again. "Just making sure."

You giggled along with her, listening to the bird chirping in the distance.

"Oh please, I can't take the suspense anymore," You said excitedly. "And it's getting hot in this mask."

Ryujin hummed to herself. "And I thought I was bad with surprises."

You elbowed her with a playful pout. "You rubbed off on me..."

"You love me, though...!"

"I do."

After some more walking and innocent chatting between y'all, Ryujin had finally led the two of you to her surprise destination.

"Ah, we're here!"

You didn't respond and prentended to look around even though you couldn't see anything.

"You're teasing me, aren't you? You're about to tell me we've just been circling around your house for twenty minutes."

Ryujin was silent for a second before starting to laugh. "You know me so well, Y/N, but no. I'm not teasing you."

You let out a sigh of relief. "Great! So, I can take this off?" You pointed to the mask.

"One sec..."

Ryujin positioned you straight and then slid the eye mask down your face, untying it. She stood next to you and smiled.

Your eyes took a bit to refocus as all you could see was darkness from the mask. Once they did, you looked at the scene in front of you in awe. You and your girlfriend were surrounded by what looked like hundreds of trees. There was a beautiful body of water straight ahead, it looked like a river, flowing and clear. You were also standing on a large patch of green grass in the middle of it all.

That wasn't the best part, though. On the grass laid a pretty blanket and cushions. On the blanket was a picnic basket, some silverware, and flower petals spread about. To the side sat a dim lit lantern that set a romantic mood.

You believed you were luckiest person in the world at that moment. How did Ryujin always know just what to do to make your day? How to always put a smile on your face? She was so perfect.

You started to tear up a little and Ryujin looked at you with some concern.

"Babe, are you okay? Is something wrong?" She came in front of you and took your hands in hers.

You quickly shook your head, wiping the happy tears in your eyes and giving her a sincere smile. "Everything is fine. Just fine." You pulled her in for a hug, surprising Ryujin just a bit.

"Aw... what's this for?" She asked and played with a strand of your hair.

"For being you."

Ryujin felt so happy that she made you feel so loved today. She hoped she could continue to do that for as long as she lived.

She pulled out of the hug and placed a gentle kiss on your lips making you blush. "I'm glad you liked your surprise."

What Ryujin didn't know was, the best surprise of all, was having her to embrace for the rest of your life.