05. 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐫

As you were sitting legs crossed on the bed you and your girlfriend shared, a tear escaped your eyes and ran down your cheek

Ryujin was leaving for tour in the morning which meant she wouldn't be back for a little while. You were so happy for her. Itzy had been so successful recently and their lovely fanbase made it possible for a tour to happen. 

However, the tour also meant you wouldn't be able to see her. You knew it wasn't possible for Ryujin to take you with her but that didn't mean weren't sad about it. 

The thought of months going by without her felt unbearable to you at the moment. It almost made you want to hide in one of her suitcases so she'd take you on her big break.

You let out a sigh and wiped your tears as you knew the only thing you could do was preciously spend the next few hours with Ryujin, and wish her the best of luck in the morning.

The sound of the bathroom door opening made you look up to see Ryujin looking all ready for bed. Or, almost ready. She had her hair bundled up in her hand and a hair tie between her lips. 

You tried to stare at her as long as possible knowing you wouldn't be able to see her pretty face for a while.

Once she finished her messy ponytail, she looked up at you only to frown when seeing your sad expression and red-tinted eyes.

"Babygirl?" Ryujin sat beside you on the bed, automatically pulling you into a sideways hug. "Were you crying?"

No, you didn't want Ryujin to worry about you. You wanted to laugh with her as you put on a movie to watch for the night. You wanted her to smile as you cuddled and talked about the future together. You wanted to play with her hair as the both of you joked around about random stuff.

You wiped your face again and put on the best smile you could conjure up. "Of course not... I'm fine!"

Ryujin pulled out of the hug only to look at you worriedly. You didn't know why you even bothered to lie. You knew she could see right through you.

She shook her head. "No... you don't look fine. What's wrong?"

You could feel tears gathering up in your eyes again and before you knew it, you were throwing yourself into Ryujin's arms and crying heavily into her chest.

Ryujin's eyes widened for only a moment before she wrapped her arms around you, embracing you tightly as she let you cry.

"It's okay..." Ryujin whispered in your ear as she rubbed your back lovingly. 

It wasn't okay. She was basically leaving you and that didn't feel good at all.

"R-Ryu... don't go."

Feeling Ryujin loosen up, probably trying to think of what you meant, you pulled yourself from her arms to say more.

"I'm sorry... that was selfish of me," You said looking down, not wanting to see her reaction.

You sniffed only to feel Ryujin's hand under your chin, lifting your face to meet hers. You witnessed her giving you the most sincere smile you had ever seen.

"You mean the world to me, y/n."

"W-What?"

Rubbing her thumb tenderly over your cheek, Ryujin gazed deeply into your eyes. "You can tell me what's on your mind. Nothing's gonna scare me away."

A sick knot formed in your chest. Did you even have the guts to tell her? Wouldn't she just consider you clingy or paranoid? Just the thought of that broke you even more.

You took a subtle breath. "But... you're already going away. Tomorrow."

"On the tour?" Ryujin asked. "It's not forever. I'll be back in three months."

"A lot can happen in three months..."

"Like...?" Ryujin gave you a dorky smile which only confused you more. "Are you scared I'll get trampled by a crowd of fans and won't make it home in time for tea?"

You only pouted at her innocent joke. "I'm being serious, Ryu."

"I know you are. Just trying to cheer you up," she said before scooting to the back of the bed. She patted her leg signaling you to come. You went over to her, placing your legs over hers as she held you in her arms again.

"It's just— I'll miss you that's all," you finally admitted. "You're gonna be gone for so long, what if you forget about me?"

"Forget about you? The love of my life?" Ryujin asked back. "I just don't think that's possible. You're way too precious to forget."

You let out a smile for the first time that day and Ryujin happily noticed. "There she is," Ryujin said before kissing your cheek. "I want you to keep smiling, y/n. Even when I'm not around."

"I..."

Ryujin shook her head. "I'm just as sad. Do you know how hard it's gonna be waking up without you every morning? To not cuddle you every night before bed?"

You nodded sadly.

"Do you know how I'm gonna get through it, though?"

You shook your head.

"Every day before I go on that stage, I'm gonna think of you. I'm gonna think of your smiling face and how you're waiting for me to come home."

"You always know just what to say," You told her, feeling special because of her sweet words.

Ryujin tilted her head to lay it on top of yours. "I'm gonna miss you just as much." She took your hand and started intertwining and playing with your fingers. 

Although Ryujin was still leaving for her tour in a few hours, you could sincerely admit that you felt better about it than you did earlier. You would miss her but knowing that she would miss you as well, was already making you feel closer together.

"Do you feel any better?" she asked.

"Mhm," You hummed. "I'll try and be strong for you in the morning."

"Same here."

You raised an eyebrow at the girl. "Aren't you always?"

Ryujin giggled. "You make me soft, Babygirl."

You couldn't help but giggle with her as you blushed softly. You would for sure miss these moments but you were already ready for the infinite amount of video calls over the phone. 

"You're gonna be amazing, Ryujin. Midzy's are lucky to have you."

She looked at you with a soft smile. "I'm lucky to have you, y/n."

"Don't worry. I'm not planning on forgetting you either."

"Better not be."

You reached up and promised her by placing a kiss on her lips. The two of you continued to snuggle through the night before you eventually fell asleep, feeling way better about seeing her off at the airport the next day. 

✩ ✩ ✩