04. 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩

"Thank you so much, sir

"Thank you so much, sir. Enjoy your morning!" You exclaimed as the customer left a tip on the counter.

Of course you were in a good mood. You were working at the best coffee shop in Seoul after all! Not only were the chairs super comfortable but the pastries were divine and the coffee exquisite. 

So you were being friendlier than a girl scout receiving orders for their mint chocolate cookies. You were just glad you finally got a job somewhere while doing classes at the nearby college.

"We have an order for a french vanilla latte!" one of the other employees called out to me.

"Coming up!" You wasted no time heading toward the back to make coffee orders.

It was Saturday morning, and it was busy. Students were sat in the lounge area, adults at some of the computers, and customers coming in and out. Don't be fooled, though. You loved this job. It wasn't like you had much to do anyway.

You started mixing together the drink before pouring it into one of the venti cups and adding the sticker and straw. You went up to the counter, placing the drink in the front. 

"Nayeon, french vanilla latte with almond milk!" You called out into the crowds.

The customer happily came and took the drink as she had already paid with the cashier. You smiled at her before heading back to the mixing station.

"Hey, y/n. I'm taking five, can you handle taking orders for a sec?" one of the other employees, Rosé asked.

"Sure, Rosé. Take your time," you agreed before taking off the apron and standing at the register.

"Thanks! You're the best," she said and left me to it.

I turned my attention to the customers walking in and a pair of adorable middle schoolers approached the counter.

"Hi!" one of the girls yelped. "I'm Mako and this is Rima," she pointed to the other next to her.

The girl named Rima waved. "Hello."

You smiled back at them. "Can you spell those names for me?" They both agreed and you typed their names into the tablet. "What can I get you, girls?"

"I'd like an iced cinnamon cold brew, please," Mako gleamed. She glanced over to her friend who was staring at the ground. Mako rolled her eyes and she bumped Rima with her elbow.

"Ow! Uhm, I'll just have a white chocolate mocha," she finally said.

"You got it!" You started typing their orders on the tablet screen. "That'll be eleven dollars and seventy cents."

Mako nodded as she pulled out her wallet and handed you the money. You took the bills and gathered the change. You handed her the remains before nodding. "Your orders will be ready in a minute."