Chapter 01: A Stranger on A Strange Night

The sun rises up again, signifying a new beginning.

But for Tay, it is not a beginning, but rather, the ending.

Today is his last day of work as the Managing Officer of the Vihokratana Hotel & Resort - Bangkok Branch as he will be transferred to their Phuket branch. It is newly constructed, and his dad wants him to oversee the overall operations of the hotel to make sure that their high-end quality service will be maintained.

Being the son of the chairman, his father concluded that his presence will surely put an effect on the workers' efficiency.

Tay gets off his bed and proceeds to the bathroom. He takes his time to shower every day since water makes him calm that showering has become his favorite part of the day.

After that, he goes to his walk-in closet and dresses himself up in an office suit before he goes to work without even bothering for a piece of bread.

When he gets to his office floor, his secretary Namtarn greets him 'good morning' and informs him that Mr. Tanutchai is inside his office. He halts on his tracks for a second and looks at her questioningly, with an eyebrow raised.

"It's the younger Tanutchai, Sir," she responds to the silent question.

He nods and enters his office.

"Oy, Tay!" A man -- tall, tan-skinned, and wearing a cream-colored suit -- greets him as he sits comfortably on one of the couches in his office.

Tay walks towards his table as he responds, "It's too early to be here, Mr. Mond Tanutchai."

"Ew, don't address me like that," Mond makes a face as he waves his hand, "I'm not here for business anyway."

Tay sits on his chair and asks without looking, "So, what are you here for?"

"Well," Mond stands up and transfers to one of the seats in front of Tay's desk, "I'm here to tell you that I won't be able to see you off tomorrow since I need to drive my wife early in the morning for the photoshoot of her newly-released collection."

Tay nods, his face absent of any expression, "That's all? Could have just messaged me."

"You'll be gone for a whole month! You might miss this face," Mond smiles cutely with his eyes squinted and puts his wrist together below his chin, making a V-sign.

Tay stifles a laugh as he crumples a paper and throws it to Mond's face, "Stop that! Jeez! How can your wife keep up with you?"

"That's what you call being in love, Tay. You should try it sometime! Or perhaps you'll find someone in Europe during your stay there! Huh? Huh?" Mond teases as he wiggles his eyebrows.

"Not a chance. I'm not going there for that. Plus, I don't have time for such things," Tay responds as he busies himself once again with paperwork.

"Argh! That's what's wrong with you, Tay! Your relationship is with your work! Do you even get laid?"

"Mond, please don't meddle with my sex life."

"Also," Mond continues, not listening to his friend, "What prompted you to go to Phuket anyway? You're fine here! Let somebody else handle it!"

Tay looks at him with a smirk, "Looks like you'll be the one to miss me, Mond. Admit it."

Mond picks up the crumpled paper and throws it back to Tay, "As if!" He laughs as he stands up and fixes his suit.

"Anyway, I have to go. Please clean this office, will you? You'll be passing it over to me tomorrow."

Tay just shakes his head as Mond leaves.