Chapter 06: Til Death Do Us Part

[Reader discretion is advised.]

It's an elopey kind of wedding.

An iron arch stands near the cliff filled with white roses and leaves. There are no people around except Tay, New, and the officiant. They're currently on top of a mountain, overlooking the sea. The two wear matching white suits that they bought hurriedly.

Within three days after that proposal, they now stand here ready to lock the promise of forever.

Tay turns towards New and holds his left hand. As he stares at his eyes, he says his vows.

"Hin, nine months ago, the heavens brought me an angel with broken wings. After we parted, I've let go of the possibility of seeing him again. Four months ago, the same angel found me and this time, he was the one who saved me. Now, I don't know if it's fate or what, but I'd like to believe that we're meant to be. Like, there's this magnetic force inside us that brings us together and we can't fight it. Although, what's to fight? When I feel the luckiest man alive when I get to hold you in my arms."

Tay tears up as he looks at New.

"Hin, there were a lot of times when I almost gave up on myself. Looking back, I'm so glad I didn't or I wouldn't have met you. So now, I, Tay Tawan Vihokratana, take thee, New Thitipoom Techaapaikhun, to be my husband, to love and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward, til death do us part."

Tay slips in the wedding ring on New's finger, the word "Fated" engraved on it.

New takes both of Tay's hands and smiles at him.

"Te, after everything that had happened to me, I gave up finding happiness. I just thought that I'd survive my days out and that I don't need it. I don't need to be happy. I don't need love. I just need to be alive. Until you came into my life and showed me that life has so much more to offer. You filled that huge hole in my heart that I tried to ignore for so long. You made me believe in things that I've long forgotten. You made me see things in a different light. You turned me and continue to turn me into a better version of myself."

Tay reaches out and wipes the tears that are falling from New's eyes with his thumb then he wipes his own.

"But most of all, Tay, I'd like you to know that you made me dream again. You made me want to achieve a lot of things with you. You made me want to achieve things with you. And that's why I, New Thitipoom Techaapaikhun, take you, Tay Tawan Vihokratana, to be my husband, to love and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward, til death do us part."

New raises Tay's hand and slips in the ring with the word "Always" engraved on it.

"I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss the groom," the officiant says, a sweet smile on her face as she feels happy to see another brave, young couple furthering their relationship.

Tay holds New's chin and tips his head while he slowly leans in.

There, atop the mountain, below the full moon and a sky full of stars, the couple shared their first kiss as husbands.

---

Tay stares at New while they stand at the foot of the bed, wearing only their bathrobes. After the wedding, they went straight to his penthouse and showered. Separately.

It's not just their first night as husbands, but it's going to be their first time making love as a couple. In the three months that they've been together, Tay never asked New for sex or anything beyond kissing. After knowing his traumatic past, he knows that making love with another person is something that New is and will be struggling for.