Chapter 10: The Sun Has Risen Once Again

Off,

Hey. By the time you see this, I'm already with my family somewhere far and somewhere peaceful.

After I listened to the recording New left for me, I decided to do this.

Woah! Chill out, okay? Don't go blaming yourself now. You might be thinking, "HUHUHU I shouldn't have given that recording to Tay. I miss him so much HUHUHU." (Yes, emphasis on the emotion because I know you'd be crying once you see me sleeping in the bathtub. I know you're gonna miss me. You love me. I can feel it. Don't even deny it. I just said don't!)

Anyway, the reason why I did what I did was because I realized that I've been apart from my husband for far too long. I know. It's been a week! How did it qualify as too long?!

Well, I don't know about the others but the relationship New and I had was special. It transcends all ordinary, it transcends all mundaneness.

When I met him that night by accident, I just knew. I knew that he would be someone I will never forget. His eyes, his smile, his face. All of it became etched in my memory and I knew that that face of an angel will haunt me 'til my last breath.

When I met him again on that night when I was chasing the ghost of my beloved mother, I proved it. I saw New with wings and his body was glowing, as if the heavens sent down an angel to pick me up.

He did, just not in the way I expected. He didn't pick me up and bring me where he belonged. Instead, he picked me up and helped me on my feet. He helped me pick up the broken pieces of myself. He helped me learn how to love. Not just someone else but myself. In a span of a few months, New had become the biggest part of my life.

New is an extraordinary man. He may be uneducated, but he taught me a lot of things about life. He may have suffered all through his life, but he didn't let his past and traumas turn him into a wicked man. He was kind, selfless, and loving. He was more than how he sees himself. He was more than how I see him. And I see him as an amazing human being.

That night, he was willing to come with Joss. He was willing to leave his peace with me and go back to his hell of a life just so he could save me. I knew he was blaming himself for what happened to me. That time, as I was looking at him, all I could think of was that I won't let him go. I won't let him be apart from me. And if he'd be taken away from me, I'd turn the whole world upside down to find him and get him back.

I love him, Off, and I knew from the moment I asked him to let me in, I'd lay down everything I have and everything I am for him.

So, when he died in front of my very eyes that night, I died with him. I knew that a life where there's no New Thitipoom Techaapaikhun-Vihokratana is a life not living for. I couldn't bear to walk in a world seeing that the love of my life is nowhere beside me.

I loved New with every fiber of my being. I loved New more than myself, more than a person can love another.

So, I had to do what I did. I've been apart from my husband for far too long and to be with him again is all I wanted.

I promised to love him 'til death do us part. And now, death will bring us together once again.

So, Off, it's not your fault. I felt happy and relieved that New entrusted you with that recording and that you made me hear his voice one last time. You've been a great friend to my husband and also to me.

This letter also serves as my will.

I would like a foundation to be built in honor of my late husband. A foundation that would help children out of the streets and provide them things that they would need to have a better life and a better future. Donate all my properties in said charity foundation and name it after New.