Chapter 08: Those Peaceful Eyes At Last

[Reader discretion is advised.]

"Are you done?" Off says when he opens the door. He sees New hurriedly wiping his eyes and standing up from the toilet bowl.

"Yes. Here. Thanks, Off." New says as he hands Off's phone back to him.

"Is this really necessary?" Off asks.

New looks at the phone in Off's hand as he responds, "Just in case something happens."

"Let's just hope that he won't have to hear what's in here," he raises his phone and shakes it a bit.

"Here, take this" Off lays out his palm and gives New a little device. It's a nano-size technologically-advanced microphone to be attached inside his mouth. They know New cannot wear any device outside his body otherwise, it would automatically lead to their demise, "It's a microphone. So we'll hear what's happening inside. Wear it inside your mouth."

"Thanks," New faces the little mirror in the comfort room and fits the mic inside one of his teeth. They're currently in a hideout a mile away from the location of Joss' gang. Joss told him to meet him in one of their warehouses which is located somewhere in the remote areas of Pattaya.

New knows Joss has people in the police force in the region so Off only reached out to his most trusted friend in the Metropolitan Police Bureau, Arm Chansook, and gathered enough trustworthy people that could help save Tawan Vihokratana and take down Joss and his men.

"You sure you will be okay?" Off asks New and the latter nods.

"Joss won't kill me. He wants me. I'm more worried about Tay. Off, remember what you promised me, right?" New looks at Off pleadingly.

Off avoids his eyes and goes to the locker area.

"Off," New calls him again as he tails him, "You gave me your word."

"I know, New!" Off exclaims, "I know," he repeats quietly, "If it comes to that... I'll save your husband first."

New smiles at him and holds his right shoulder, "Thanks."

"We just have to make sure that we won't get to that point."

New nods but quickly averts his eyes and turns away. He knows that facing Joss means putting one foot in the grave that's why he asked Off that if it comes down to saving either him or Tay, he wants Tay to be saved because in the first place, Tay shouldn't have been involved in this had he not been involved with New. Moreover, he knows Joss won't kill him because the very reason as to why he's doing this is to reclaim New.

New touches the wedding ring on his finger then his abdomen.

Come on, little one. Let's go save your father.

---

New turns to an empty narrow street, a pathway to Joss' hideout. He still knows the route on the way to the location because he used to be in charge of this warehouse. Joss entrusted this to him once before he became his lover and a monster in New's eyes.

At the end of the street is a wide lot where the building stands erect. When New got out, he sees four men with Armalites waiting for him in front. He recognizes all these men because these were his lackeys once, and his torturers too.

"Hey, New! Long time no see!" Type, a tall man and was once his friend, greeted him. New did not return the greetings as it was sarcastic. Instead, he raises his arms on his head and turns his back to them.

"Where's Joss?" New asks.

"Oooh, getting down to business immediately? Won't you say you miss us at the very least?" Tan, the one with tanned skin, asks while he checks New's body for any weapons. He roams his hand on New's back and when it lands on his buttcheeks, he squeezes the right one.