Chapter 02: His Savior Was An Angel

[Reader discretion is advised.]

~ Five months later ~

Tay stands by the balcony of his penthouse at the topmost floor of their hotel, sipping black coffee he made himself. He only has his boxers on as his clothes are still discarded on the floor, together with those which the woman on his bed had worn last night.

He looks ahead at the swaying trees dancing with the warm breeze and listens to the soothing sound of the sea, with the sun brightly shining early in the morning.

Good, warm weather not fitting with the gloomy, cold feeling inside him.

He touches the golden necklace he's wearing as he looks at the skies.

"Happy birthday, ma," he says sadly, "I miss you."

A lone tear escapes his left eye which he's quick to wipe when he feels two small arms wrap around his lower abdomen.

"Good morning, handsome. Last night was so~ great," the woman sweetly mumbles as she buries her face on the crook of Tay's back.

Tay empties his cup in one down.

"What's for breakfast?" the girl asks.

"Nothing," he deadpan responds.

The girl loosens her embrace on him, "Huh?"

Tay turns around and looks at her expressionless, "Nothing. I don't eat with strangers."

She takes a step back looking offended, "Stranger?! After what we did last night?!"

"It was just a one-time thing. You better leave. I still have work."

"That's how you see women, huh?! You see them, you fuck them, then throw them away?!"

"I fuck men, too."

The girl fumes then slap him on his left cheek, "How dare you?!"

Tay sighs in frustration then glare at her, "Leave. Now. While I'm still asking nicely."

The girl's lip quivers, holding back her tears. She turns to her heels and stomps her way back to the bedroom where she dressed really quickly then leaves.

Tay massages his left cheek, "Tsk."

He can no longer count how many hands have landed a slap on his face that's he's become used to it.

He followed Mond's advice and started seeing people. Although in his defense, Mond didn't exactly say how long should he see these people.

He takes one good look at the skies before he walks inside and proceeds to the bathroom.

---

Tay checks out late again from the office and currently drowning himself in alcohol. He has already turned down three advances made towards him, just wanting to be alone in this lonely night.

Tay had always been close to his mother. She had become his safehouse, his living diary, and his rest. When she died, a huge part of Tay went with her, making him live his everyday life almost lifeless, waiting for the sun to set as soon as it rises. His father never really understood the bond between him and his mom, but he never got the chance to get to be a part of it.

Tay's mom had always been there for him as his comfort whereas all Tay's father did was mold him into a perfect businessman.

Tay's thoughts get derailed when he feels his phone vibrate from his right side pocket. He takes it out and sees his father calling. He downs the remainder of his beer before he answers.