Chapter 4

·~

·~

"Are you trying to get us killed?"

"Well its working, isn't it?"

·~

Season 2 Episode 19

"Klaus"

Whoever said that baking wasn't a form of a stress reliever was absolutely wrong.

It was one of the main things that kept Holly on her toes, smiling brightly despite all that has happened. The smell of freshly baked goods that would spread through the house caused a sense of home to rise inside of her chest. A sense of pure love and tenderness. Holly loved to bake, not because it helped calm her nerves but also because she found it pretty funny and interesting.

The girl giggled to herself, wiggling her hips left and right in excitement whilst she pulled out her masterpiece from the oven. She stared at the cake with wide eyes filled with pure and absolute joy that would remind most of a child, how gentle and relaxed she seemed in that moment. Holly felt truly comfortable, like the house was more than just a painful reminder.

Holly was humming to the playlist she had let play from her phone, letting her voice ring through the house as she moved through the kitchen like a gentle butterfly. So delicately and perfectly, like it was her playground. Holly was in her state of calmness, after a night full of dread and blood, all she wanted to do was bake and let it all wash away with the sweet taste of chocolate that melted down her throat. It was a good substitute to sustain the urge for blood, and Holly loved the sweetness of it.

But, to her dismay, just as she was slowly placing the cherry on top of her croissant, a sudden loud noise and crash had cut her from doing so and made her flinch. The fruit dropped straight onto the croissant, but at an odd angle so that it reminded Holly of a little pear instead.

The girl grumbled under her breath as she let out a frustrated huff. Wiping her hands with a paper cloth, Holly furiously stepped out of the kitchen and made her way into the hallway towards the front door.

"Who dared to interrupt my cooking?"Holly called, her eyebrows furrowed as she stepped forward, catching sight of Elena standing right in front of the door weirdly.

"Elena dear, do you have a death wish?"Holly calmly questioned, crossing her arms over her chest as she watched the brunette girl tense and slowly turn to face her blonde friend with her eyes wide open and full of fear.

Elena turned to the girl without a word, trying to push her back towards the kitchen but her human strength was nothing compared to the vampire girl.