Chapter 6

·~

·~

"This fire that we call loving is too strong for human minds. But just right for human souls.

Aberjhani, Elemental: The power of Illuminated love.

·~

Season 2 Episode 22

"As I Lay Dying"

When Holly had awoken from her slumber, she was not a piece of the reality she had wished to be. Instead, she stood in the familiar city that now in the place of comfort and love brought utter pain. The breeze no longer felt gentle but undeniably cold and the woman wished she could erase it from her memory. Whilst her body was rebelling against her and leaned into the touch that came from behind, her mind was shouting at her that it wasn't right.

The house they had appeared in wasn't familiar to her for it had never appeared before, but with its lavishing interior and the expensive furniture that was placed she could take a blind guess on who it belonged to. As well as the familiar musky scent of expensive cologne that came from behind her.

"What am I doing here?"Holly murmured, pushing her body to straighten and neglected the warmth radiating from him.

"You believed you were in danger,"Klaus spoke, the distaste in his tone from her distance was obvious but Holly pretended as if she hadn't heard him.

"So, this is supposed to present my safe place? Ironic."Holly sarcastically spoke, waving her arms around to emphasize as she always did. Klaus rolled his eyes from beside her with a subtle smirk "Your mind thinks things you cannot possibly imagine to be true."

"Right now, the only thing I am thinking about are my dying brothers back in reality and how guilty I feel about being right here with the man responsible for their pain."Holly stated, crossing her arms over her chest and turning to face him with her blue eyes upturned into a glare.

"I am not responsible for your brothers mistakes,"Klaus shook his head as he stared down at her with the same amount of intensity "Stefan offered himself to help ease the pain of the woman he loves, while Damon rescued Caroline and Tyler to get on Elena's good side. I'd say its quite romantic, don't you think?"The signature of a smirk that had Holly melting was dancing on his mouth, yet all she wished now was to erase it.

Holly let out a frustrating sigh, shaking her head as she turned to the front "As true as that is, none of this would be happening if you hadn't come here in the first place."