Chapter 19

•~"I just want to love you

•~
"I just want to love you."

"You shouldn't."

•~

Season 3 Episode 14
"Dangerous Liaisons"

"Rebekah, tell me how handsome I am."

"Oh Kol, you know I can't be compelled."

Holly had found herself sitting beside her newfound sister in the comfort of their mansion, surrounded by her brothers and servants rushing around in preparation for the night they had ahead of them. Esther was adamant on throwing a ball for the entire town, feeling quite festive and generous but Holly thought of it as nothing more than a dramatic entrance all the Mikaelsons loved to make.

Now she saw where it originated from.

As the men of the family were having their suits fitted, Rebekah and Holly sat in the fitting room getting their nails painted and discussing dates with the wedding planner they had hired. Klaus wanted the wedding to be as soon as possible, he couldn't consider his family being whole without her, without having the ability to call her his wife.

And whilst he was eager to put the wedding band on and settle down, Holly was far more cautious and contemplative. Not of Niklaus, for the love she had for him she was sure in and the joy their joined life would bring, but of his family.

More specifically, his newly awoken mother who appeared more than joyful at the news of the wedding. Actively participating and doing everything in her might to gain Holly's trust. Which was oddly suspicious, but Holly couldn't voice her concerns to any of the Mikaelsons. For she was their mother, the mother whose approval and love they have yearned for for a thousand years. And Holly was an outsider who came from the enemy side of the town, whose brothers were doing everything in their power to wipe them off the face of the Earth.

Thinking of it logically, it was more than obvious who the Original vampires would trust more.

But Holly was a people observer. She loved to read body language, to understand all the ways a body reacts unconsciously and under no control from its main center. How everyone had their own little tells, things that made them whole. She found it fascinating and indulged in it whenever she could.

Which is how she came to the realization that, despite his best performance and outmost devotion, Elijah appeared to be suspicious of his mother as well. The cautious steps he took towards her, his too broad smiles to be true, how he seemed to read into her every word and engrave them into his brain as if they could reveal something crucial. His reactions were planned, his words calculated, nothing he said or did was out of ordinary for his siblings but Holly could feel the undertone laying behind every little thing.