All Night

The next week dragged on, genuinely I'd never felt time move so slow. But, eventually, the Thursday of the trip arrived. I procrastinated packing until 1am, as one does. I threw in some sweatshirts and jeans, and maybe a nice shirt just incase. I would only be gone four days, so I didn't need excessive amounts of clothing. In went my makeup and toiletries, and I was basically ready to go.

I looked over at my guitar, making a spontaneous decision to bring it. I figured it could be fun to play occasionally, and participate in some group bonding. I brought a camera to film, and my laptop, so I could still possibly put out some videos. Streaming would be tough, unless Wilbur let me use his setup or something. Or maybe we would all stream together, but that sounded a little too chaotic for my taste.

By now it was 1:30 am, but a girl's gotta keep up her social media presence. I quickly took a picture for Instagram from my bathroom floor, it wasn't "aesthetic" or anything, but it worked.

 I quickly took a picture for Instagram from my bathroom floor, it wasn't "aesthetic" or anything, but it worked

addie.acoustic: why am i awake rn, not rhetorical, guess.

       -->        wilbursoot: HAHA I KNOW I KNOW

                    emma.acoustic: GUYS LOOK AT WILBUR'S REPLY AHHH

                    ofeliabearr: you were up thinking about me

I stayed on Instagram for a bit, scrolling and checking up on anything I had missed. 2 am was fast approaching, and I was supposed to be at the airport at 6 am. Oh well, sleep is for the weak I guess.

Wilbur
Get some sleep Dee

The notification dinged, echoing throughout my bathroom. I rolled my eyes, but a part of me was happy that he cared. I felt very thankful for him, and our friendship.

 I made the executive decision to listen to him, and I hopped into bed, finding myself to be pretty tired.

I woke up to the blaring sounds of my alarm, announcing it was time to get up. I groaned, but, forced myself awake, and dragged my legs out from under the covers. I quickly grabbed a pop tart, the fastest breakfast I could find, and headed out the door with my bags. They clonked down the stairs, probably bothering at least half the residents of the building. Whoops.

I exited the lobby, and was greeted by honking cars and the everlasting smell of smoke, I took it all in, knowing it would be gone for a few days.

Once in the car, I brushed out my hair, and did some very lazy makeup to try and hide how tired I really was. In hindsight, it wasn't my best choice to stay up last night, but there was nothing I could do about it now, and no one at an airport would care how I looked.

I turned on some chill music in the car, putting me in a much better mood. I plugged my key into the ignition, hearing the classic rumble, notifying we were good to go.