Supercuts

Howling. 

I was rudely woken up because of howling. To be more specific, the howling of Karl and Wilbur.

But it was completely justified.

BECAUSE BIG Q ARRIVED!

Pretty soon, everyone was downstairs making some sort of excited noise, helping him with his bags and welcoming him inside. I made zero effort to look presentable when I sped over to the doorway.

"QUACKITY!!"

"ADDIE!!"

I tackled him in a hug, which he happily returned. It is another level of serotonin, meeting your online lil bro for the first time.

"Dude I'm so happy you're here,"

"Aye I'm happy I'm here too,"

Wilbur interrupted our small celebration, "I think we're going to all try and make brunch, maybe film it if everyone wants to? I think it might be funny to watch Minx burn the house down,"

"WILBUR YOU BITCH, I CAN OUTCOOK YOU ANY DAY," Minx retorted,

"If we're going to film, and you two are already making this a competition, then why don't we split us into teams, and have Connor judge?" I suggested, deciding it would make for an interesting video.

"All about the content, I like it," Quackity added.

"That's perfect! I can't wait to see Wilbur's face when he loses," Niki interjected, putting an arm around Minx.

"Niki you savage, that was iconic," I awed.

Connor spoke up, rubbing his hands together, "Alright, teams can be Niki, Minx, and Quackity, and  then Wilbur, Addie, and Karl."

"You're on," Karl challenged.

Soon we were all gathered in the kitchen, searching the pantry for ingredients, and quickly huddled in our teams to plan our menu.

"Ok guys, I think we should make waffles, with berries, syrup, powdered sugar, the works," Wilbur decided, taking the lead.

"I'm down, waffles are the best," I confirmed.

"Can I make the berries in the shape of a heart?" Karl asked eagerly, giggling in excitement.

"Sure Karl, as we know the judge is a very wholesome and heartwarming person," Wilbur remarked, glancing over at Connor.

"True, 100% agreed."

With that decided, we got to work. I mixed together the dry ingredients, while Karl got out the wet ones, and Wilbur entertained the camera for a bit, explaining our plan. We worked quickly, and within minutes our batter was coming together. Wilbur had moved on to stiffening the egg whites.

"Hey Will when you're done, can you pass the bowl so I can fold in the eggs?" I asked, watching him hold the beater over the bowl. It was almost comedic, he looked so serious and intense, watching the white fluffy foam spin around the mixer.

"Yeah sure, almost there,"

Soon enough, he stopped the beater, and lifted the bowl. In the process of handing it to me, our hands lightly brushed each other. I felt a split second of panic, losing reality momentarily.

I took the bowl, and brought it over to the rest of the batter, and decided to pretend like nothing happened. Because literally nothing happened. He just accidentally touched my hand, that's it. That's it...

I looked over my shoulder at him, as he'd returned to the corner of the kitchen. I tried to read is face, to understand if he felt what I'd just felt. He seemed calm, and was completely expressionless. Dammit.