Chapter 17 - Baby

Unknown place

An unknown person was caressing the crow with a smile that doesn't leave the face. The crow was the person's pet which is trained to spy around kingdoms. The painting of Anamika was shown to the crow for few days so that it can wait near the palace compounds and throw the ball when Anamika comes out of her chamber and is alone.

The person said to the crow, "Good job Ekan! You did your job correctly. I'm so proud of you. Now I just need to wait for the good news to come. She will not be able to come out of this alive."

Ever since the person heard from the people of the kingdom gossiping that badi bahuranisa was attacked inside the palace by some smoke ball, celebration is going on with the crow who according to the person did his job correct.

The person continued, "The poison will just take one minute to spread throughout the body. As the ball was made to not create any noise, there will be no one to help her come out of the smoke before she inhales it for one minute completely. And she will be dead within hours."

The person started laughing and the crow flew away.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The Palace

Yuvraj took Anamika to her chamber while ordering a Dasi to call for vaidh ji on the way. He placed her on her bed and tried to wake her up by sprinkling water on her face and rubbing her hands and legs.

He was not just worried but also panicked because it's not just health issue but a pre-planned attack. He couldn't think straight. Within a few minutes, vaidh ji arrived. Yuvraj immediately asked him to check Anamika while not leaving her hand.

Vaidh ji checked her eyes and tongue and then yuvraj said to him, "Vaidh ji, A crow threw some kind of ball which exploded into smoke without creating any noise. I don't know what it is but within a few seconds, Anamika fainted and I took her from there immediately. Please do something vaidh ji"

Yuvraj was tensed only once before that is during the birth of his first child. Thereafter he got used to it so he didn't feel that much tensed or panicked. But Now seeing Anamika on the bed with closed eyes was making him panic that he couldn't handle anything. The ever so powerful eyes being closed and strong hands laying limp was making him uneasy.

Vaidh ji spoke taking him out of his thoughts, "Yuvraj! I have checked badi bahuranisa. As per your statement about the smoke and the colour of her tongue slowly changing, I could guess the poison which was released. I am putting a small piece of a herb in her mouth which should stay for twenty four hours. I will ask dasi to bring some more of the herb to spread as a paste in her neck so that she can inhale the herb till that time."

Although yuvraj knew it was an attack, he could still not understand who could possibly attack Anamika and why?  If it is an enemy of the kingdom then their target should be either him or Ranasa then why Anamika?  Suddenly he thought, "Are they trying to kill the future heir instead of me and Ranasa. But in that case how come they know it is Anamika and not Saudamini. There was never an attack on Saudamini even when she was pregnant and even now when she is pregnant."

Before dwelling into more enquiry about the attack, yuvraj asked vaidh ji, "Is Anamika safe now vaidh ji? She is not in danger anymore right?"

"No yuvraj. Badi bahuranisa is safe and no more in danger", vaidh ji said and yuvraj visibly relaxed but vaidh ji continued, "But yuvraj, the poison is very much powerful and if badi bahuranisa stayed at least one whole minute in that smoke then she would have been dead by now. By god's grace, you were there with her and took her out of the smoke immediately."

Yuvraj was very much shocked and he could feel his heart beat rapidly in fear. But he wanted to know more about the poison, "vaidh ji, let's talk outside. I want to know more about the poison but Anamika needs rest so we shall leave."

Before that vaidh ji said, "Yuvraj! I have stopped the effect of the medicine but I think a Daima(a lady vaidh who is like a gynaecologist) should check badi bahuranisa once as it would give you a full check up."

Though yuvraj was confused, he still ordered a Dasi to call for Daima to Anamika's chamber and lead the vaidh ji outside her bedroom but not outside her chamber as he wanted to keep the discussions secret.

Then vaidh ji said, "I know yuvraj, you want to know about the poison which was used to attack badi bahuranisa. The only thing I know about that is, it is not available in our kingdom but only available in hilly areas."

Yuvraj nodded at him and thanked him for saving his wife. Once vaidh ji went away, Ranisa, Ranasa and Saudamini came to the chamber hearing the news from the dasis. Ranasa asked yuvraj in panic, "what happened yuvraj? "

Before yuvraj could explain anything, the Daima came and yuvraj asked her to examine Anamika who is unconscious. She went inside and yuvraj briefed them all about the attack. They were all shocked and waited for the Daima to complete the check up.

When the midwife came out, yuvraj asked her impatiently, "Is Anamika fine, Daima?" Daima smiled and said, "Badi bahuranisa is absolutely fine yuvraj. She got the boon that she prayed for all these years."

"what are you saying Daima ? Please say it clearly, I couldn't understand anything", yuvraj asked confusedly to which Daima replied, "Yuvraj, you are going to be a father yet again and Badi bahuranisa is going to be a mother. Though it is just a few weeks but I'm sure there is a baby. "

Hearing her Yuvraj was dumbfounded and tried hard to keep his tears at bay as he knows how much he and Anamika dreamt about a baby.  All those memories made him too emotional but he controlled himself and thanked Daima with a pearl chain.

Ranisa's and Ranasa's happiness knew no bounds. They both gifted the Daima with gold necklace and chains. But Saudamini was visibly shocked. She didn't think that the horoscope would come true. She didn't think that Anamika could bear a child.

The baby may cost Saudamini everything that she earned through the years. But the baby could also give the one thing to Anamika which she craved for years, Motherhood.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you like the chapter, do vote and comment.

Your comments will encourage me to write more and correct my mistakes.

Thanks,
SM.