Chapter 40 - Answers

Yuvraj just went from there to the prison to get the truth about his unborn child. Whereas Ranisa looked at Saudamini's lifeless body and cried for her fate. Ranisa thought that may be all this chaos started from herself.

Flashback continues

Yuvraj reached the prison cell where Mala was kept. Mala was surprised to see yuvraj there. She don't know the reason for his visit. But looking at his appearance, she could guess that the news is nothing good and also it's not good for her.

The soldiers opened the cell and placed a stool inside for yuvraj to sit. Even after the soldier went away, yuvraj didn't look at her. Mala was tensed but still have no clue about what is happening outside the prison. Yuvraj looked up and asked the one question that he desperately wanted to know. The one question that will let him know how much of a failure he is, even after winning over entire Hindustan. The one question that made Mala's breath hitch. "How did you kill my child?". There is no time to beat around the bush, since fifteen years is already a long time to get this answer.

Yuvraj was looking in her eyes and watched her every reaction with a blank face. Mala knew what he is talking about. Last time when she confessed about giving herbs to avoid Anamika's pregnancy, she was worried but had a hope that Anamika will forgive her. But now, she definitely knew that no one can help her and that created the one thing which she didn't feel till now, FEAR. Now all she wishes for is death as that would be the easiest punishment for her.

"Yuvraj, I will tell everything but please don't mistake Choti bahuranisa for my deeds. She was not responsible-", Mala was cutoff by yuvraj, "Saudamini is no more. She confessed this on her death bed".  Hearing this, Mala was shocked and she stayed like a statue without even blinking. Yuvraj snapped his fingers in front of her to bring her out of her thoughts. "I don't have time to wait till you grieve. I want my answers right now", yuvraj asked her impatiently.

Mala tried to speak but still the shock didn't wear out. She finally gulped her tears and took a deep breath and said, "Yuvraj, it was three months into your marriage with badi bahuranisa. And Kamala, head maid of badi bahuranisa had to go into isolation due to her menstruation as per the maid disciplines. So I, being head maid of Ranisa, have to take care of all her necessities along with supervising the other maids. At that time, badi bahuranisa was having weird cravings for food and also her menstruation had not happened. But she didn't think much of that since she used to have irregular dates. I got a doubt due to other symptoms like cravings and cramps. I was instructed to inform everything about badi bahuranisa to Ranisa, that is choti bahuranisa's mother. She had informers outside the palace who can reach their kingdom quickly. So I sent a message stating my doubts, though it is not confirmed. And then only I received that herbs which will avoid pregnancy as well as abort a baby if already pregnant. If the baby is aborted, badi bahuranisa will be in great pain in the abdomen and when daima will check her, they will find that out. So Saudamini's mother faked an emergency and asked our Ranisa to send our Daima to their place. And then a fake daima was sent by her to fill the position temporarily. And all these had to be done within a span of 7 days, before Mala could come back from her isolation. So we did it promptly without giving doubts to anyone".  Mala finished,  all the while looking down.

Yuvraj remembered about Anamika's cravings at that time and how he cooked for her. Remembering this, a few tears escaped his eyes without his knowledge. As a yuvraj, he has strict rules and regulations to be followed, one among which is to never show your weakness in front of anyone. Right now, nothing matters to yuvraj except the thought of feeding his child unknowingly and losing him/her without cherishing the feel.

He was the one who should have protected his child. He was the one who should have kept Anamika shielded from evil eyes. And he failed at that for which he is paying a huge price along with Anamika. He left the prison without a second look. Though he didn't say anything else to Mala, she knew that she will not be spared.