Chapter 25 - Confession

Anamika entered yuvraj's room and looked at the room for a moment before closing her eyes removing the memories. During the initial months of his second marriage, she was denied entry inside his chamber everytime she comes go meet him. Sometimes she even saw Saudamini and him enjoying their time together playing or something else. From then onwards, she never went to his room without prior permission.

Anamika came out of her thoughts when yuvraj called her by shaking her lightly. He said, "what happened Anamika? Are you alright?". She got a grip over her emotions and said after keeping some distance from him, "Yes Yuvraj. I'm alright, don't worry. Also I will take care of the children, so don't take tension about them. I came here to talk about something regarding the kingdom."

Though yuvraj noticed how she maintained her distance from him, he can't do anything as he very well knows that he deserves it for getting trapped in the vicious planning and plotting of others. He can't blame anybody as they were not the one who forgot a human being for a decade and repeatedly hurt the most precious person time and again knowingly or unknowingly.

He asked her to proceed and she said, "Even though the attack was something that should never happen again, we should be prepared to defend ourselves in case of another attack. Especially women, as we were the one who were targeted last night. So I thought we should create a women army and train every girl above 16 and every women below 50 including dasis. This army need not participate in any battles unless situation calls for it. But our women will be able to defend themselves and save their dignity instead of choosing jauhar."

Yuvraj just looked at her dumbfounded and then composed himself and said, "Your proposal is awesome Anamika but who will be training them as I don't think anybody will send their wives or daughters if a man is training them. So we need a female trainer which is very rare."

"You are right yuvraj. I had my father who was my guru as well. If you don't mind, I can train them. I can have assistants if the crowd is huge", Anamika suggested.

Yuvraj replied, "I don't have any problem with you being the trainer, Anamika. But you will start training them only after the delivery. No more arguments."

Anamika nodded at him and said, "Sure yuvraj. I wouldn't put my child at risk for anything. I thought you wouldn't agree for me being the trainer and thought of using the blank promise. But you made it easier. Thank you so much yuvraj."

"You don't need to thank me Anamika. I will definitely want a good warrior to be the trainer and if there is anyone else better than you, I would have asked them. But I don't think there will be anyone who can defeat you in fighting skills. So I'm no one to stop you and on turn stop a good thing for the kingdom", Yuvraj replied.

Anamika nodded and went from there after greeting him. Yuvraj sighed and thought about the day when Anamika will call him as Pratap instead of yuvraj. Then he got freshen up and started thinking about the information he received in the morning after the soldier called him. He was boiling in rage while thinking about that and only he knows how he controlled himself during the court. The information further assured him of his decision of house arrest. In fact he won't leave them as such, he will make sure they get the desired treatment everyday of their life even if he had to do this unofficially.

When he was thinking about the ways in which he could punish them for their lowly deeds, Ranisa came to meet him and he took blessings from her and made her seated. "How is Ranasa doing Maasa? Is he recovering?", yuvraj asked.
"Yes yuvraj. He is doing good. Don't worry about him. I came here for a very different reason", Ranisa started. Yuvraj looked at her demeanor and he could say that she is nervous as if she is a criminal confessing her crime.

"Before you say anything yuvraj, I want to say everything so that I don't back out", Ranisa said and continued while closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, "All these years, you might think that you have been ignoring Anamika in the midst of your war expedition. But that is not the truth. I have created this distance between you two. Whenever you went to meet her during the initial days of your marriage to Saudamini, I would give you some or the other work to distract you for the day and after that you wouldn't have time to meet her or spend time with her. Though initially it didn't work but later on, you would come to Saudamini willingly especially after she got pregnant for the first time and I made you spend less time with Anamika. After that the lack of communication created an invisible barrier of misunderstandings which eventually made you two distant. And I can't even count on how many times I have hurt Anamika for not having a baby.  I think that's why God has blessed her with the heir that I so desperately wanted. I know I'm not worthy of forgiveness either from you or Anamika.  But at least I want you both to reconcile after clearing the misunderstandings. The biggest of all misunderstandings being your consent towards marrying Saudamini. I didn't ask Anamika about her opinion and consent for the marriage. I just informed her that you have already agreed to the marriage and she just accepted it for the sake of the kingdom. Till now she didn't know that you have asked for her consent. I'm sorry yuvraj. I didn't behave like a mother should have been. I'm sorry."

Once Ranisa finished, there was only silence in the room. It was as if the entire world have gone silent. Ranisa opened her eyes and looked at yuvraj. Yuvraj has only blank expression on his face.

Unknown to them both, another person had heard the entire confession.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you like the chapter, do vote and comment.

Your comments will encourage me to write more and correct my mistakes.

Thanks,
SM.