Minecraft

The young boy shifts in his state of light sleep, his eyes flutter open and he sees he has a blanket on him.

He looks over to see his dad, sleeping soundlessly in the chair, a smile finds its way on the boys face.

He gets up from the pile of blankets on a mattress that he calls a bed, he doesn't complain, it's really rather comfortable in fact.

He makes his way to the small kitchenette and takes a cheese string, he loves string cheese, it's his favourite food and he basically lives off of it.

I know it sounds bad that he lives in a warehouse but it's actually pretty good. He has water, heating and electricity, it kinda just looks like a hangout. There's been bags, a sofa, a tv, an Xbox, a fridge with loads of soda, he even made a small music studio, his bed consists of a thin mattress but a ton of blankets and pillows. He has a workshop where he works on different inventions and he recently made a cool hammock that's really comfortable and also has a bookshelf with a ton of his favourite mathematics and science books, as well as some classics.

Overall it's just a really cool hangout place but he live there instead of occasionally going there.

He slowly creeps up to his father and starts to slyly put letter magnets on his metal arm, as well as a I ❤︎ New York sticker.

Peter snickers as he admires his work, "♫you are my daaad, you're my dad, boogie woogie woogie♫" he sings laughing slightly.

"Good morning to you too" Bucky replies in amusement.

"When'd you get here?" Peter asks, throwing himself onto the couch.

"Around 4:30 this morning" Bucky shrugs,

"Did you have a nightmare?" He asks his father who nods slightly.

"It's okay dad" Peter says and hugs Bucky tightly.

"What happened to being too old to hug your dad?" Bucky teases as he hugged him back.

"I'm too old to be alive, I think I'll make an exception" he replies with a smirk.

"I love ya kid" the soldier say with a smile.

Peter then reached into his sock and pulled out an uno-reverse card and passed it to him.

Bucky laughs at his sons antics and rolls his eyes playfully.

"Ooh can you play minecraft with me? Please!" Peter asks with pleading eyes that were too hard to say no to.

"Okay but don't set our house on fire again" Bucky replies and the two jump on the couch and play minecraft.

***

The avengers sat in a nervous silence, not even bothering to touch the food that'd in front of them.

"He's still not back yet, it's been hours" Steve says worriedly,

"Where do you think he went?" Clint asks and they all shrug.

"Your guess is as good as mine" Steve sighs.

If only they knew their friend was curled up on a couch spawning chickens in minecraft as his son quoted vines. Though that would be their last guess out of all the possibilities that ran through their heads and that's including vision.

"Maybe he went to see this Peter person" Tony suggests.

"But whoever Peter is, he was included in Bucky's nightmares, he only ever dreams of HYDRA, what if this guy is part of them?" Steve says and surprise with a mix of realisation dawns on them.

"That's a pretty wild accusation" Tony says not wanting to believe it.

"Yeah, he has a connection to them, a bond, he wouldn't just befriend a HYDRA agent" Nat says and they nod.

A couple hours later the avengers were lounging in the living room when the elevator dings and the doors slide open, Bucky walks out with the ghost of a smile on his face. Though it's clear to everyone who knows him that he's quite happy and relaxed.

"Bucky, oh my god we were so worried, where were you" Steve asks hugging his best friend for the second time today.

"I-I went on a walk" Bucky shrugs and they all look at him unconvinced.

"For 8 hours?" Tony asks with a smirk.

"Yeah...?" He replies unsurely.

"Cut the shit, we all know you're lying" Nat scoffs in amusement.

"Fine I went to visit a friend, there, are you happy?" He asks and they look confused.

"Who?" Clint ask curiously,

"You don't need to know that" he shrugs vaguely, causing his friends to look at him in suspicion.

"Why not?" Wanda asks with a raised brow.

"If you needed to know, I'd tell you, but you don't" Bucky replies.

"This guy could be dangerous" Sam says and Bucky can't help but laugh, like a genuine, actual laugh.

"He plays minecraft and eats string cheese, he's the opposite of dangerous" Bucky laughs, the irony was hilarious.

"Ooh I love minecraft and string cheese!" Harley says with a wide smile.

"Same!" Clint exclaims with a grin.

"Me too!" Pietro says enthusiastically.

"I rest my case" Bucky says with a smirk.

"Ooh can we play with him?!" Clint asks with wide eyes.

"No."

"Pleeeeeeease!" Harley begs with puppy eyes.

"Sorry, no can do" Bucky says and walk out the room.

"Did-did he actually say no to Harley eyes?" Tony asks in disbelief and all the avengers say around in shock.

"How...?" Clint asks.

"It's not possible..." Steve gasps slightly.

"Even I can't say no to Harley eyes" Nat says and their shock intensified.

"It's witchcraft" Scott says and they all frown at him like the weirdo he is.

***

Meanwhile back in SHIELD Fury was sitting at his desk and boy was he mad. You see there was a security breach at SHIELD two months ago, someone successfully hacked into the SHIELD database and he found that they've been doing so for some time now.

He recently got a location of the person, but they were smart and done it at a local library.

SHIELD managed to get the time they were hacked and then hacked into the library's security cameras. To say Fury was shocked would be an understatement, because there sat a boy only about 10 years old at most and he was hacking into one of the most unpredictable algorithms ever created.

He ran a face scan over the boy and nothing came up, not a thing, whoever they are, they don't exist. Like at all.

He put an APB out on him throughout all of SHIELD, whenever this boy is in public he'll know and he'll send agents to retrieve him.

Suddenly there was a ping on his location and Fury immediately checked his computer. The boy was walking down the street, until he stopped and gave a homeless girl string cheese.

'He's clearly not a bad person' fury thought to himself as he watched the boy converse with the younger girl.

'He has skill, SHIELD could use someone like him' he thought as he called in two agents.

"Make sure not to harm him he's an asset to SHIELD" Fury says and the two walk out confused.

———

Lol I'm sleep deprived, hope you enjoyed this I guess! 🤠

Word Count: 1150

- Mayaaaaa ✌🏼