Plum Pie

Peter's PoV-

I was casually laying in bed thinking about pie when a genius idea popped into my mind.

PLUM PIE!!!

I get up and scramble for my phone then look up places that sell plum pie, I found a bakery that literally sells all things plum!

The only problem is, it's in Philadelphia, and well I'm not.

When has distance ever stopped me? I think to myself with a shrug.

I hurry and get dressed then race out the door and go to the bus station where I buy a ticket to Philadelphia!!

Me:
OHMAGOSH DAD GUESS WHAT?!!!

Dad:
What?

Me:
There's a place that sells all things plums and I'm going there right now!

Dad:
WHERE IS IT?!

Me:
Philadelphia!

Dad:
I'd go there for plums!

Me:
OMG YOU SHOULD COME WITH ME!!

Dad:
I'LL BE THERE, WHERE ARE YOU?!

Me:
(Insert name of New York bus station)

Dad:
IM ON MY WAY!!!

Me:
YAY WE GET TO EAT PLUM PIEEEE!!

***

Dad gets here and we buy bus tickets while the ticket giver? I dunno what they're called, looks at us strangely.

"Never seen someone so happy to get on a bus" she grumbles.

The bus arrives and we get on talking with wonder about plum pastries and deserts.

"I'm bored" I say after 20 minutes.

"It's only been 20 minutes" he scoffs in amusement.

"20 very long minutes" I groan banging my head on the seat in front of me.

"Well we still have 2 hours and 10 minutes to go" he smirks and I glare at him.

"It's for plums" I say to myself reassuringly.

"Ooh I have a Rubik's cube!" I say pulling it out of my pocket.

"Stark has a few of them" he says.

"Will you do the honours of scrambling this conundrum of such profound challenges" I say dramatically.

"Sure" he chuckles in amusement, taking the cube and mixing it up.

"Okay done" he says after a little while.

I take it look at it for a second and solve it in seconds.

"That was boring" I sulk, sinking into my seat with a pout.

The rest of the journey was just me complaining how boring it is, though I did have a very interesting conversation with a random person about our economy. Don't ask.

I got Dad to tell me about the avengers, I completely fanboyed over Dr. Banner because he's so cool!!

I started rambling about gamma rays, I could tell he had no idea what I was saying but he was listening. No one ever listens to what I say but he does it so willingly, like he actually wants to hear what I'm saying. He's the best Dad in the world.

The bus finally comes to a halt and I grin excitedly, I nearly burst with excitement when we get off.

We get a taxi and I ask the driver to take us to the 'I Love Plums Bakery' that's actually what it's called and I love it.

We stand in front of the bakery and I turn to dad saying "this is literal heaven" and wiping a fake tear from my eye.

We walk in and I bounce up and down in excitement, there's so many things.

"How can I help you boys?" An elderly lady with a kind smile asks us.

"Oh hi Miss! You're awesome for making a plum bakery by the way!" I say with a grin and she smiles fondly.

"Oh thank you young man, my business isn't all that popular so I'm glad you think so" she says gratefully.

"You're welcome Miss!" I say cheerily.

We order a lot of plum foods, plum pies, plum cake, plum pudding, plum doughnuts (which are better than the Dunkin' Doughnuts ones), plum muffins, plum crumble, plum cheesecake, and the best... CINNAMON PLUM CHURROS!!!

I was so happy I hugged the woman and she was really nice and even hugged me back.

Then she said how the shop was closing and I was really sad, she said it's because she's moving to New York to start a plum bakery and I exploded with a happiness.

"We're from New York, this is awesome!" I exclaims jumping up and down enthusiastically.

Dad grins and we talk about how awesome the woman is, she's like really nice and a genius!!

We eventually have to go but we buy a lot of plum desserts to go. We then say our goodbyes and make our way to the bus station, so we can get a bus back home to New York.

On our walk we pass a basketball court, loads of older boys were playing basketball.

I ask them if I can join in and they say yes which made me even more happier than I already was.

I play a couple games and even got dad to join in and my team won!! They kept calling me whitey, which was weird but I didn't care because it wasn't used as an insult.

After a few games we had to go, we kinda missed our first bus but luckily there was a second.

We pay for our tickets and get on, sitting at the back, we listen to music through my earphones and now dad likes NF!

Even though it's only 6:30 I grow tired, I probably should've slept last night, but I was too caught up with developing my AI!

My eyelids start getting heavy and I fall asleep with dad's arm around me.

***

I awake to someone nudging me, I sit up and yawn tiredly.

"Come on bud, we're back in New York" dad says and I smile sleepily.

We get off the bus, "this day has been awesome!" I exclaim, my tiredness wearing off a little.

"Heck yeah" Dad says with a grin.

We then go home and I say a very dramatic goodbye, then tried to convince him to let me go to school and become a theatre kid. He said no.

---

Here ya have it folks, another chapter!! This is basically just a filler, I used it in my oneshot book so I thought I'd add it here cuz it goes well!!

Word Count: 1000

- mayaaaa ✌🏼