Hey Dad...

I walk out of the interrogation and Barton gives me a happy meal, "you're my new best friend" I say with a wide smile.

"Team, welcome your newest member, I trust you'll introduce him to the rest when you get to the tower" Fury says.

"Yup, Harley already loves him" Tony says and Fury dramatically takes his leave.

"That was dramatic, d'you think he was a theatre kid in high school?" I asks them jokingly and they all laugh.

They take me to the tower and the whole way, I'm running possibilities through my head. Shiz shizzle dad's gonna be mad, but hey-ho who cares, pff not me...

We get to the tower and go into the elevator while I'm eating my happy meal.

"Hey FRIDAY tell the rest of the team to be in the living room" Tony says.

"Right away" an automated voice replies and I raise a brow, "AI?" I asks and he nods with a smirk.

We hear a ding and then the elevator doors slide open, granting us entrance.

We all step out whilst Clint narrates everything, "now feast your eyes upon your fellow avengers!" He says dramatically as we walk into the living room.

Dad looks directly at me and I smile sheepishly, "what are you doing here?" He asks with his dad voice.

"I'm an avenger now!" I say with wide smile.

"No you're not" he says crossing his arms.

"Yeah I am" I retaliate.

"No it's dangerous" he says.

"Hypocrite" I say, the team watch our exchange in confusion.

Just then Bruce comes in, "oh did you you tell the team?" He asks Dad.

"No I didn't, I don't know how he got here" Dad replies.

"That's easy, remember that time I hacked into SHIELD because you wanted me to see if Fury had any secrets?" I ask him and the team look shocked, Dad nods and I go on.

"Well he kinda found out and sent these agents after me, I beat them though but then the avengers came to da bad boy crib and Fury put me in this interrogation room and they asked me questions and then Fury asked me if I wanted to be an avenger and I said yeah" I explain and he glares at the team.

"You let Fury recruit a kid?" He growls and they just shrug.

"I take it you know each other?" Tony asks us and I nod.

"You asked who Peter is, now you know" Bucky says pulling me in front of him, I just smile childishly.

"And how do you know each other?" Steve ask with a raised brow.

"That a funny story actually..."

"Oh yeah hilarious" I say sarcastically and he rolls his eyes.

"Do you want me to take away your string cheese?" He warns.

"You don't know where my secret stash is" I say triumphantly.

"You mean the hidden compartment at the back of the fridge?" he says in amusement.

"Noooo! You can't take my cheese" I whine.

"I'm not gonna take your cheese relax" he says and I grin then bounce over to the couch.

"How do you know the kid?" Tony asks.

"Pete when were you born?" Dad yells over to me.

"1938" I reply and they all look dumbfounded.

"HYDRA" dad shrugs.

"Can I sing them the song?" I ask with a grin.

"No, it drove me insane" dad replies and I snicker.

"HYDRA buddies, HYDRA buddies, we're gonna kill some German Nazis, HYDRA buddies HYDRA buddies, I'm gonna drive everybody crazy" I sing and he groans.

"That song cost you two months in isolation, how can you sing it" dad scoffs in amusement, sitting next to me with a grunt. Why do dads sit down with a grunt? Like is it some secret dad code?

"Because it's funny" I say laughing.

"Nuh uh I thought you were dead and then a week later I heard you screaming the song at the top of your lungs" dad says with a smirk, and steals one of my fries.

"You know you shouldn't eat that, it's bad for you and the fries are terrible" he adds and my mouth falls open.

"D-did you just hate on McDonald's?!" I exclaim.

"I wouldn't say hate, more like intensely dislike" he replies.

"That's literally the definition of hate!" I exclaim.

"Mm no it's not" he shrugs.

"Hate; intense or passionate dislike: feeling of hate or revenge. [as modifier] denoting hostile actions motivated by intense dislike or prejudice. [modifier noun] hate 'a hate campaign' it can also be used politely to express one's regret or embarrassment at doing something. Like
"I hate to bother you", should I go on?" I smirk.

"Why did you have to memorise the dictionary?" Dad asks with slight amusement.

"I was bored" I shrug.

"What you couldn't play minecraft?" He asks.

"You stole my WiFi cable!" I exclaim and he shrugs.

"You put magnets on my arm!" He argues.

"You didn't have to take away my lifeline!" I retort and he snorts.

"That's incredibly sad" he laughs slightly.

"So is our lives" I scoff.

"At least we survived through the Great Depression" he says and we high five.

"It ended when I was like 2 but okay!" I laugh and he shrugs.

We look up at the team who are looking at us in shock, their mouths agape and their eyes wide.

"What?" We ask in unison.

"Jinx you owe me 5 cheese strings!" We say at the same time.

"Jinx again!" We say once again at the same time.

"Jinx again!"

"Jinx again!"

I put my hand over his mouth and say it, "ha! I win!" I say triumphantly.

"That's cheating it doesn't count" he say.

"Says who?" I say.

"Me" he shrugs.

"Okay no one gets anyone string cheese" I say with a sigh.

"Um who are you and what have you done with Bucky Barnes?" Tony says jokingly and we look at the team again.

"That's the Bucky I used to know" Steve grins.

"Well I do bring out the best in people" I smirk.

"I like this one, not like the other Midgardians, you can eat my pop tarts" Thor says with a wide smile.

"Really?!" I exclaim excitedly.

"Yes of course, would you like some now?" He asks me.

"Obviously!" I exclaim and follow Thor into the kitchen.

"Peter don't you dare eat those pop tarts" dad shouts from the couch.

"Too late!" I yell after him.

———

This chap is sweet! 😊 😂

Word Count: 1080

- mayaaaa ✌🏼