3.

"YOU ALREADY KNOW CHIRON

"YOU ALREADY KNOW CHIRON..."

---¤☆¤---

"Mr.Brunner!" Percy exclaims, looking at Chiron with a smile.

Turning to Annabeth confused, She shrugs her shoulders at the name making Chiron chuckle. Watching as Percy runs up the steps, Grover bleats as he sees me looking at him then at Percy. Sheepishly smiling at me, Chiron looks down at his cards before motioning to the empty chair across from him. Studying Percy, I could instantly tell he wasn't the most confident sock out of the pair.

His shoulders were hunched forward, to make himself look smaller. His hands were tapping against his thigh, but that might just be the ADHD talking. His eyes were constantly shifting to everything around him, reminding me of a frightened animal. He looked frightened and nervous, but had that small glint of awe in those alluring sea green eyes.

"Ah good, Percy, now we have five for pinochle." Chiron greets, placing a card down on the table.

"Four, I don't play with cheaters." I said, correcting him while sending a glare to Mr.D.

"I did not cheat." Mr.D grumbles, glaring back at me.

"And you don't hate it here." I resort, raising a brow.

Huffing at me, Mr.D stares back at the cards as Chiron is dealing out cards for Percy; even though I was pretty sure he didn't know how to play. Handing Percy his own deck, Mr.D lifts his eyes from the cards before they land on Percy. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Percy sit down at the table with Grover hovering over his shoulder; eyes drawn to the cards. Clearing his throat, Chiron nods his head at Mr.D making him huff dramatically.

"Oh, I suppose I must say it. Welcome to Camp Half-Blood, there! Now, don't expect me to be glad to see you." Mr.D grumbles out, making Chiron smile.

"Um, thanks?" Percy said, scooting his chair further away from Mr.D.

Scooting to the left, the chair scratches harshly against the floor making an annoying screeching sound. Crinkling the straps of my hat, I wanted nothing more than to disappear in that moment; it was so awkward. Percy was so awkward. Squeezing my hat tightly, I shiver as Percy clears his throat; making things even more awkward if that was possible.

"Okay, maybe you were right. He does not look like the Minotaur slaying type." I whisper to Annabeth, making her smirk at me triumphantly.

"Told you, Athena is never wrong." She whispers back, giggling.

"I get it you're freakishly smart, do forgive me oh so great one!" I said, mockingly begging her.

"I forgive you mortal!" She said, making me snicker.

"Cleo? Annabeth?" Chiron calls, cutting off our conversation.

Covering my mouth to keep the giggles at bay, Annabeth nudges my side making me nudge her back with a smile. Snorting as she giggles, I bite my bottom lip hard and try to look at Chiron with a straight face but fail. Shaking his head at us, we tuck our hands behind our back sheepishly; our smiles still on our faces.