12.

"COMING TO SAVE YOU

"COMING TO SAVE YOU..."

---¤☆¤---

Looking down the hills, I take a shaky breath as I stare down at the strawberry fields; satyrs and nymphs lounging around. My eyes drift over to the Big House, then at the large pine tree at the Camp's border; Thaila Grace. Staring at the tree a little longer, I could remember the night Thalia had died. I was in the Big House being tended to, after a run in with a pack of vicious Empousai's when I heard a blood curdling scream. By the time I had limped up the hill, Thalia was gone. It was too late.

Breaking my stare, I watch as the small specs of kids run around near the cabins; having fun, living life without a care. My siblings were somewhere down there. Fighting over the stupidest things. Laughing and planning for the next game of Capture the Flag. I couldn't help but already miss them. I was leaving Camp for the first time in five years. To go on a quest. Not to visit Olympus. But on a quest. It was nerve wracking to say the least.

"Um, nervous?" A voice squeaks out.

Feeling a presence next to me, I look out of the corner of my eye to see Percy standing next to me; hands in his jacket pocket awkwardly. Looking him up and down, he was sporting the same outfit he was wearing when he arrived at Camp. The same green jacket, the same ombre blue shirt. Tho, it was now clean. Slung over one of his shoulders was a bright orange backpack, the kind that some kids got from the Camp's store.

"Kinda. I⎯I haven't really seen the mortal world in five years. So it feels kinda weird to be put back in a world you haven't seen in a while, ya know?" I said, as he squinted his eyes slightly, giving me a look of disbelief.

"Wait really? You haven't seen the mortal world in five years?" He asks, as I nod my head.

"Yeah. I never had a reason to leave, not until now." I said, tightening my grip on my bag's straps.

"Don't be scared." He said, making me frown slightly.

'Was it that obvious that I was nervous?' I thought.

"I'm not, I have Annabeth and Grover at my side." I said, turning around to join Annabeth and Grover at the van.

Walking over to them, Percy follows me and grumbles another under his breath that sounded like 'ugh, girls..'  Rolling my eyes at the comment, I focus on the small pins that littered Argus's lanyard. Some were comedic saying, 'Watch out! Little demigod's on board' and 'I've got my eyes on you!'  Others were from random bands or festivals. Standing to my left was Annabeth, then on my right was Percy; tho, I would have preferred that it be Grover.

"But you look it." He said, making me huff.

"I'm not tho, I'm fine." I said, getting annoyed by the pestering.

"All I'm saying is that you look like you are." He said, making me glare at him.

"And all I'm saying is that you look like an idiot, but you don't see me blabbering on about that. Do you?" I resort, making him glare at me.