Part 10. Ditched

HOW COULD I THINK DINAH WOULD COME BACK TO the hotel? I should have asked her for her key before she ditched me. How much more stupid can I get?

I was giving myself hell in my mind as I sat in the hallway after trying all three doors. The guys either weren't back yet, or they were probably passed out in bed. I was sleeping in the hall tonight because Dini decided to run off and me forgetting my key card.

How wonderful is that?

"Lily?"

I looked upwards to see Sawyer holding a Jim Beam bottle with his hair up in a Ponytail; he was looking at me confused. He had just rounded the corner coming from his room.

I waved a hand, "Hey, " I replied, with no emotion, as he came near me. Sawyer sat down beside me, drinking from the glass bottle as he did then. He extended his legs out in front of him as he looked at me.

"Whatcha doin'?"

Hanging my head, I sighed, "Sleeping out in the hallway in a hideous dress because my cousin ditched me to sleep with some guy who could have an unknown disease" I said making him laugh, I heard him choke a bit on his liquor.

Normally, I just joke with Dini about her and guys but this was... stupid for both of us. She knew I didn't have my key card, she could have given me hers.

He cleared his throat "Well, that's ... Awkward" he said, earning a chuckle from me as I tilted my head back against the wall and looked up at the ceiling.

"Yeah. I'm pretty much screwed."

"Why don't you use your card key to get in?"

"Because, storyteller, it is in there-" I pointed at the hotel door and looked over at him "-and Dini has hers in her wristlet. Which is likely hanging on some bathroom doorknob or laying on a hotel floor at the moment."

He smiled down at his bottle, "You enjoy giving her hell, don't you?" He asked, amused.

I shrugged "Right now? Hell yeah," I told him, making him shake his head as he looked downwards at me.

"Well. Either you can sleep out here in the hall with freaks running around, or you can room with me, " he put a hand to his heart and raised his other hand that was supporting the bottle "I swear, I won't try anything. I am an adult male of my word."

I sighed "What other choices do I have? I don't want to sleep out here and I think Doug hears me out here he simply chooses to ignore me" I said, making him laugh as I stood up from the floor and grabbed my Crossbody purse in my right hand and shoes in my left.

"Lead the way," I told him, gesturing to the corner he just came from.

Sawyer stood up from the floor and looked at his bottle "I was heading to the store, but I think normal beer will do me well for the rest of the night" he said as he started walking. I followed after him with my arms crossed.

Didn't Zeke say that Sawyer was a big drinker when he told me about Sawyer and his ex? I think he did, I recalled as we walked down the hall to room 734 where Sawyer slid the key card in and shoved the door open.

It was identical to mine and Dini's room, except for one minor detail.

Where we had two beds, he only had one.

Crap, crap, crap, I thought as the door closed and Sawyer walked over to a sofa that sat off to the side in front of the TV, I stood in my spot beside the bathroom door for a moment.

"You can take the bed, I will take the couch," he told me, flopping down onto the couch holding his drink, and switching on the TV.

I hesitated "I don't want to ... put you out. I mean, this is mine, and Dinah's screw up, " I told him, rubbing my hand down my sleeve.

He shrugged "I have no trouble with it," he said, giving me a stern look as if saying he wasn't going to say again, he looked at my clothes. "If you need pajamas, look in the top dresser, there should be some shorts and a shirt in there."

"Women's or men's?" I teased him, remembering the pick-up line from when we first met, which had made me think he was just another man-whore.

He smirked, "Why don't ya look and find out for yourself?" He raised an eyebrow while taking a swig out of the bottle and switching the TV to Hawaii Five-0, which only made me roll my eyes and set my purse down on the bed before walking to the dresser.

Please don't let me see a bra or panties. Please don't let me see a bra or panties, I pleaded in my mind as I slowly moved the drawer open.

Then sighed with relief, tank tops, shirts, boxers, and pants. I took hold of a white shirt and a pair of blue basketball shorts and when I grabbed those I noticed something underneath them.

I yelped and dropped the shorts, closing the drawer.

He looked over from where he sat and raised an eyebrow "What's wrong?" He questioned. I was looking to the side hiding a blush that was working onto my face.

"Nothing! Just discovered a spider." Just the fact I touched your damn blue underwear and discovered a condom! "I am gonna go change now" I hurried out after grabbing the shorts I had dropped on the floor.

As I neared the bathroom and opened the door, he said: "Oh, I imagined you might have found a bra or a pack of condoms." Ha-ha, very funny asshole.

I close the door behind me and locked it before looking down at the clothes.

And then, here I was, my second night in Florida, my best friend ditched me leaving me to spend the night with a Blue-Underwear-Wearing-guy that I hardly know, and wear his pajamas.

Most young women would be happy go-freaking lucky. I, however, was nervous and nauseated.

Nausea because of alcohol, nervous because I was alone with a guy I barely know. What if he is some kind of serial killer or something? Like, what if he is on the run from the law and has Doug under his command with a threat to his life...

Am I just being paranoid here? Also, maybe Doug would deserve it...

I rolled my eyes at myself as I ditched the clothes and put on the size too big shorts and shirt that went down to my knees, I scowled at my reflection of messed up eyeliner and messy hair.

Messy, cute yet dorky. Today I do look like I had a one night stand.

Tall, handsome, yet strong and... Caring? The guy laying outside on the couch watching Television.

I shook my head as I unlocked the door and opened it, I grabbed my dress and walked out of the bathroom, I looked over and saw Sawyer was on the couch trying to become comfortable.

Feeling kind of bad, I crossed my arms "I could take the sofa. It wouldn't be a problem" I told him, he looked up at me and swayed his head with a smile.

"Nah. I told you that I will be alright. Get to bed."

With a nod, I walked to the bed and got in turning the lamp off. I shut my eyes and sighed as I tried to go to sleep, but ways of strangling my cousin entered my mind instead.

Dini is so dead.