Part 18. Hope

FORMER BEAU ON THE LOOSE, A HOPEFUL NEW BEAU IN THE same hotel as me, and insane cousins having fun. What a vacation this is turning out to be.

I shook my head as I walked down the hall holding a chocolate cake in my hand; I turned the corner and took a breath as I knocked on the door. I waited for a moment until I heard a mumbled "I'm coming" from the inside and the door opened.

Again, I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow "I say, yet again, I hope you don't meet everyone at the door like this" I said, motioning to his half-naked body, he looked like his face was turning a red shade.

Were those the same blue undies I had found in his drawer? I thought, almost laughing as he stood there looking bashful.

"I don't. Not meaning to sound rude but, what do you want?" he said as he left the door open and went inside the hotel room to change. I hesitated before stepping in and closing the door behind me. He walked into the bathroom with a pair of jeans.

I looked at the cafe bag in my hand and then around the hotel room "Well, I got you a cake for helping me and Dini last night, you know for running off Will" I told him, looking in his dresser mirror at myself to make sure I didn't look like I had just rolled out of bed: which was kind of what I had done.

As soon as I woke up I had brushed my hair and ran down to the cafe to grab a piece of cake for the guy, maybe I should have changed out of my Bugs Bunny shorts and Tweety-Bird tank. I was wearing the blue jean jacket he had left last night.

Hey, might as well wear it until I give it back in a minute, right?

Unfortunately, while I was looking in the mirror, I had a good view of the half-shut bathroom door and could see Sawyer brushing his hair pulling it back, his muscles flexed as he pulled at his hair, which I didn't really mind to watch.

Standing there looking through the mirror and watching Sawyer through the mirror made my heart race as I watched him in silence, holy crap he was handsome. When he turned around though I was quick to act like I was looking at a picture laid out on his desk, plus make sure I wasn't drooling over him, but the picture honestly did catch my eye.

It was of a blonde woman holding a baby in her arms. I frowned as I looked at the picture, she was a beautiful lady and the kid was cute.

That's when it hit me. Oh God, he's married! I thought and turned around to find Sawyer leaning in the bathroom doorway smirking at me.

"Did you enjoy the view?"

I just stared at him "What?" I said in confusion. He pointed at the mirror than at the bathroom, I tucked hair behind my ear in embarrassment "Oh, yeah. You look, uh, good" I scratched the back of my neck as I held out the bag.

"You didn't have to, you know. I would happily defend you any day" he told me as he slowly took the bag, brushing his hand against mine. I pulled my hand back and shrugged as I looked at the ground.

"Thank you, but I had to give something as a thank you for last night. You saved me and Dinah from the asshole of hearts" I told him, biting my lip trying to take off the blue jean jacket of his.

Sawyer put his hands on my shoulders catching my attention and making me look up at him, he was grinning as he helped to put the jacket back up my arms. "Keep it. It looks better on you" he said as he looked down at my face and frowned "Lily, don't ever feel like you need to repay me for something I did to protect you. I know you can handle yourself but, I wanted to do that."