Chapter 16

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Skylor's POV

"So...when I suggested we grab drinks and hang out this wasn't what I had in mind..."

Currently, we were in my dorm doing homework. I'd seen how Kai flunks with homework, and I wanna help him get his mojo back. He can do it, he just needs to sort out his priorities. It's an odd first date if I'm being brutally honest.

"So...what changed your mind?" Kai asks, looking up at me, pen in his mouth. I smile and tuck my legs into my chest, leaning against the bed frame, "I just...I don't know. When I look at you, I always felt...happiness. This warm, cuddly feeling in my chest and...that date made me see you in a whole new perspective."

Kai beams at me, eyes shining as he gently takes my hand, placing a soft kiss upon my knuckles. A warm blush spreads to my cheeks as he too, pulls away, "S-Sorry. I'm not used to the whole dating thing...it's pretty new,"

I shake my head, "No, no. It's absolutely perfect. This is perfect."

The brunet shuffled over, "So...how does a date sound? Friday night?" He peppers my cheek in kisses as I chuckle, closing my textbook, "I can't. I signed up for the library volunteer programme, and you have soccer practise."

"Right. Saturday? We'll keep it lowkey, grab dinner, watch a movie..."

Nodding, I run my hand through his hair, "I'd like that."

"No one touches my hair and gets away with it!" He grabs me and pulls me towards him, messing my neat ponytail in the process. I giggle and wriggle away but Kai's grip on me is firm.

At long last he lets me go. I jump up and run to the mirror to see my hair all poofed up, the equivalent to a bird's nest.

"Oh, you little piece of-" Kai quickly holds up his book, "I'd like to live to see graduation, please!" I huff and crash onto my bed, grabbing my pencil case and whacking him over the head.

3rd Person POV

Lloyd leaned back in the seat of the deserted cafeteria, his eyes averting to the side to face the smaller female next to him, "What?"

"Why are you doing this?" Nya asked, perching in the chair next to him, "Skylor's done nothing to you, and you took Kai's money first. Just give it back to him!" At long last, he looked up, staring her down with his piercing green eyes, a handsomely smug grin on his face, "Aww, but that takes all the fun out of it."

"You're a jerk."

"Baby, I thought we were above name-calling,"

Nya shuffled away, "I'm not your 'baby,' Lloyd."

"But you were. Once upon a time, a long while ago. You and I were the definition of OTP. But you threw that away for some skinny nerd."

The girl stayed silent, glaring at him. Lloyd chewed his lip, studying her features before leaning over, whispering into her ear, "You know what will happen if you breathe a word of this to Skylor. Just sit back, relax and let life run its course. In the end, it's all for a bit of a laugh, isn't it?"

Nya was breathing heavily as Lloyd sat back, "And if I do tell Skylor?"

The blonde shrugged, "I'll ruin your picture-perfect relationship with Jay. Now out with it."

"W-What?"

"You know something. What is it?"

"I don't know anything." She got up to leave, but Lloyd's reflexes were quick. He grabbed her wrist, pulling her towards him, in a manner so that she'd stumble, causing her to fall right onto his lap, straddling him.

"Let me go." Her voice was cold. Lloyd pushed the loose strands of hair away from her face, "Tell me what you know, and I'll let you go."

"There's nothing to tell, jackass, now let me go-"

His hands dug into her waist, causing her to gasp slightly, and he leaned in, "Suppose...Jay was to walk in right now and saw us like this...it'd be fun watching you stumble through a half-assed explanation, hmm?"

"I..."

"Tell me what you know."

Nya inhaled sharply. Lloyd was right. Jay could walk in any minute. The windows of the cafeteria were huge, and anyone from outside or in the corridor could look in at anytime.

She gripped his shoulders, pushing herself off him, "Kai and Skylor are dating. That's what you wanted to hear?"

A smirk lifted on his lips, "Huh. Good to know." The ravenette glared at him,

"You've changed. You're not the Lloyd I remember." His smirk faded into a glare as he stood up, following after her, "Yeah, and whose fault was that?"

"Yours."

Before Lloyd could speak, the ravenette had turned and left.