Windows and Moving Trains: My Preferred Escape Routes

Izuku watched on as Katsuji sat calmly, holding onto Tupperware with wide eyes.  The pup looked more relaxed than he'd been since he'd started feeling ill.

He acts like he's holding onto the most precious thing on Earth

Izuku knew better, of course.  Nothing was more precious than Katsuji.

"How about we help Tupperware pack her little bunny backpack, okay?" Izuku said cautiously, not wanting to upset Katsuji again.

Katsuji didn't move, but he didn't complain as Izuku packed everything away.  Izuku tucked his hair into the hood of his sweater and chose to keep his head down on the ride home.  The pup looked on forlornly as his new friend was scooped out of his arms and into the carrier.  Izuku looped his arms into the straps of his yellow backpack and grabbed Katsuji beneath the arms and rested him on his hip.

"How about we go home and get you a bubble bath, hmm?" Izuku rubbed the pup's back.

Katsuji only nodded and rested his head against his omega's shoulder.  His eyes fluttered closed and his soft puffs of breath tickled Izuku's throat.

Izuku slipped out of his room and walked in to see the other occupants in the house sitting at the kitchen table.  Toshinori raised his hand in lieu of greeting, a gentle smile rising on his face.

Inko sipped her tea and gave Izuku a once-over.  She smiled, "Do you really plan on leaving in shorts?  It's cold outside, dear."

Izuku glanced down at his outfit.  "I'm not wearing-"

Izuku stared at his bare legs, realizing he was still in pajamas.  He chanced a look at Katsuji's resting head.  "Oops?  Too late now, I guess?"

Inko stood up to kiss both boys on the cheek.  "Be safe.  Don't catch a cold."

Inko held out a sippy cup that had been left in the fridge.

Izuku took it and smiled, head tilting and eyes falling shut.  "We will!"

Izuku stopped at the door to slip on his red shoes and waved goodbye before shutting the door behind him.

~

"I'm so hungry," Denki complained, looking longingly at a restaurant as they passed.  "We've been walking for hours!"

"Seriously, dude.  We need this," Hanta, threw one arm around Denki and gestured vaguely with the other.

"Honestly, please feed us.  I'm gonna starve if I don't get some food in me," Mina whined, looping arms with Denki.

Apparently it was bully Katsuki day or something.

"Food," Katsuki sneered, but steered the group in the direction of the nearest convenience store for snacks to feed his idiots.

Katsuki swore as he turned around the corner, shooting his arm out to catch the arm of the omega he had bumped into.

He locked eyes with Deku.

Katsuki's heart gave a pang as he stared wide-eyed at the pup in his childhood friend's arms.  His nose flared at the distinct and familiar scent.

What the fuck?  Is that a pup?  Why does Deku smell like that?

~

Izuku despised himself for the sole reason that upon seeing a gaggle of his friends, his first instinct was to throw hands.  Normally, he'd just make his escape, ignore it ever happened, procrastinate thinking about the future and call it a day.