Don't Let Izuku See You Mixing Candy

No one from Class A had seen hide nor hair of Izuku since he disappeared.

One night they were celebrating his twentieth birthday, and the next they were hearing of his resignation on the news.

It didn't make any sense to them.

Nothing seemed to be wrong with their beta friend.  He was thrilled to have his position of number one. He wasn't scared or sick.  Hell, it certainly didn't seem like he planned on resigning.

And Izuku was a terrible liar.

When he was upset, he cried.  When he thought of something, he mumbled it out.  You could see it in his eyes. Every emotion and every question.

The only thing in his eyes that night was pure unbridled joy.  Izuku was ecstatic that all his friends were there. That they were all so successful.

There seemed to be nothing in the world that could possibly extinguish that.

~Linebreak~ 

"It's been almost three years.  I just- I just want to know what happened.  If we could've helped."

The former class A was silent.  After so long, it was hard to know what to say.  Comforting words of he'll come back soon and he'll be okay, this is deku we're talking about only last so long.

It's been almost three years, all they can do is hope they find him.

Hope that things would be okay if they do.

Tenya worked quickly to reassure Ochaco.  "Izuku knows how to take care of himself. When we find him though, we can ask him these questions."

Despite how these words had been said all too many times before, just in different forms, the shaking in Ochaco's hands seemed to ease just a bit.

"Yeah, you're right."

They all hoped he was.

They didn't know what they'd do if he wasn't.

Class A liked to occasionally hang out.  They were great friends and had lived together for years, it would feel wrong not to.

Today they were at Momo's and Kyoka's shared house.

Leaning on the back of the large couch that the heroes were perched on was Denki and Hanta.

The old episodes of childhood cartoons playing went unheard as the friends talked about their missing member.

Denki spoke up, "He'll be fine, guys."

"What he said.  I mean, come on, you remember how he could come up with plans for anything crazy fast.  Nothing could stop that dude." Hanta made a wide sweeping gesture while he talked to emphasize his point.

A bit too wide, because his elbow knocked into Katsuki's head.

"HEY!  Watch where you're swinging those damn elbows, dumbass!"

Eijiro swung an arm over Katsuki's shoulders.  "You've been pretty quiet, Bakubro."

"Ribbit.  They were best friends.  He probably just misses him."  Tsuyu put her finger up to her lip in thought.

Murmurs of agreement went around.

"Bakubro looks for him all the time, he's manly, showing off how much he cares about Mido."

"SHUT UP, SHITTY HAIR!"

Eijiro had to harden his face to avoid the explosion sent his way when he ruffled the explosive blond's hair.  He sent a wide grin towards Katsuki's scowl.

Mina softly smiled while staring down at the hardwood floor.  "It's okay to admit you miss him. We all do."

Ochaco leaped from the couch and faced the others.  "And we won't stop until we find him! So let's make it quick!  We aren't just heroes, guys. We're his friends. If anyone could find him, it's us!"

"Yeah, now that's the spirit!"

"Ribbit.  Agreed."

"Whoop!"

"Let's do this!"

An elbow to his side made Katsuki glance over.  He glared at the redhead staring back at him. "What'dya want?"

Intense red eyes didn't waver from his.  "Let's do this, yeah?"

Katsuki rolled his eyes.  "Tch. Yeah, whatever."

They would find Izuku.  There was no other option.

Eijiro retracted his arm from the blond's shoulders.  He reached over to grab a fistful of colorful candy. The redhead tossed them all into his mouth and swallowed with a grimace.

"WHO PUT SKITTLES AND M&MS IN THE SAME BOWL?!"  He looked over at a sniggering Denki. "This is blasphemy."

With that, the hard subjects were past.

For now, that is.