chapter 4 - the new best friends

A/N ~ Woah I'm currently trying to write down all my ideas for the next few chapters and holy moly you won't believe how many ideas are swimming through my head right now.

Anyways, I'm just going to mention my good friend @Nik1824 has been helping me with my story a bit and I just want to thank you for the advice and helping me get people to read it. :)

Alright, I hope you like this chapter!

***********************************************************************************************

Skyler's POV

Beep Beep Beep

Beep Beep Beep

'What is that horrible beeping noise?! Wait why is my alarm going off?'

I slowly open my eyes and see a white ceiling. I think I'm in a room. I look around and see it's a hospital room. All the walls are white which makes the room a little bright along with the really freaking bright lights. I squeeze my eyes shut then re-open then after a minute.

There was a chair right next to my bed and another one by the wall closest to the door. I looked around and saw another door that looked like it went to the bathroom.

I'm in the hospital. Why am I in-

Oh.

That's when everything starts coming back to me.

Those 3 girls cornered me and basically told me to back off of my own brother just so she can get in bed with him.

I frown at the thought.

I look down at myself and notice an IV is sticking out of my arm. All I remember is crying in the bathroom. Why am I in the hospital if I was only crying?

My thoughts are interrupted by the door opening and in comes a female doctor and Tyler. When Tyler saw that I was awake, he started smiling then ran over to me. I smiled back at him then opened my arms. He hugged me tightly but not too tight. I let a few tears run loose while I closed my eyes.

"I'm glad your okay Sky." Tyler said as he sat in a chair next to my bed. He picked up my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"Alright Skyler looks like you had a major anxiety attack due to high stress levels. I want you to try a few breathing exercises the next time you feel an attack coming on, okay?" I nodded as she smiled the continued.  "Now onto your injuries. You have a few bruised ribs, a black eye, and a bruised ankle. Tyler, I'm going to send her home with some pain medicine in case the pain gets worse or continues and then I need you to make sure to put ice wherever she's bruised for 20 minutes then leave it off for another 20 minutes and continue the process for however long you feel the need to. Okay?"

We both nodded then smiled at her. She tucked her clipboard under arm then said, "Alrighty then. I just need you, Tyler, to sign some papers then she can go home. I need you, Skyler to rest that ankle when you get home, okay?" I nodded. "I'll come right back with the paperwork."

She left the room with the door open.

Tyler picked up a small bag I that I didn't notice was there before. "Here. Hailey lended you a pair of her sweats and then I have one of my hoodies in there because I know you love my hoodies." He chuckled. "Before I go sign some paperwork, I want to let you know that I'm going to do everything I possibly can to protect you from Liam when we get home okay? There's no telling what he'll do if he sees you with a black eye."

I sighed then smiled up at him. "Thank you Tyler."

"Of course, Skyles. I'm always going to be there for you no matter what. I'm not leaving you okay? I'm here." He gave me one of his warm smiles that always brightens my spirits. I smiled back.