Ch. 3 | Little Bunny

Summary: Reader earns her nickname, and Spencer sinks to a new level of sin.

Content Warning: Drinking, alcohol, masturbation (male)

A/N: Everyone has been so unbelievably kind to me about the first two parts of this work. Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments and compliments. It means a lot to me that you'd take time out of your day to tell me how much you enjoy my writing. I never imagined people would feel so strongly about it and I'm very grateful <3

——————————————————

If I had to pick my favorite thing about working for Spencer Reid, it would probably be something that most people wouldn't expect. Sure, it was nice to be able to work with a human encyclopedia, and he was definitely very nice to look at, but neither of those things contributed to my love for my job.

It was the sense of belonging. An overwhelming feeling of serenity that existed, flowing freely beneath the surface like a network of roots twined together. I never felt out of place when I was with Spencer — which couldn't be said for basically any other time. Especially not now.

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays because it's just absurd. You harass your neighbors while dressed in a costume and they reward you with something sweet (or, in some cases, change). As I've grown older, not much has changed aside from the creativity and length of the costumes.

... and the sweet treats being replaced by the bitter sting of alcohol.

"You do realize that guy was hitting on you in there, right?" my friend shouted from less than a foot to my right.

"He was just being nice."

"Yeah... in a bar," another girl chimed in, "On Halloween."

I tried to remember the face of the man they were talking about, but my memory of his eyes blended into the flashing lights of the club. Even if I wasn't drunk, I knew it would have been hard to remember him. Because the truth was that he wasn't the person I wanted to see when I closed my eyes. 

"Leave her alone. She's trying to stay pure for her professor," my friend snickered.

Despite the treachery, I still caught her before she almost pushed us both straight off the curb in her drunken state. But it wasn't her opinion I was worried about, because at that point, I was certain she would remember none of it by the time class rolled around come Monday. It was our other acquaintance that I responded to, with a very squeaky and unreliable, "I am not doing that!"

"Yeah, what she wants isn't pure at all," the mess on my shoulder droned. That was enough of a reason for me to drop her, although it really resulted in both of us barely staying on our feet on the somewhat crowded sidewalk.

"Stop! It's not like that!"

"Sure it's not."

Then, something else caught her attention. Knowing her, I figured that it was either a man in a scandalous costume, or it was a two for one drink deal plastered in front of a bar. I assumed it was the latter, because as soon as she finished talking, she grabbed hold of our hands and yanked us against the brick wall of the next bar.

"So you wouldn't mind if, theoretically, Professor Reid saw you in your costume?" she asked.

I like to think that I am a relatively smart girl. After all, I had made my way to graduate school, and Spencer seemed to think that I wasn't a complete hopeless idiot. But in that moment, I couldn't understand why on earth she would ever think to ask me that.