Chapter 3; The Masked Men and It's Unravelling

MONTHS HAVE PASSED since the raid of the '8's lair. Plans have been delayed and pushed since then after several stops by a certain dark, masked vigilante has entered the scene of New York.

Hope was restored to the state since no one has heard from the Avengers ever since the Battle of New York. Hearing the news of a protector hidden in the shadows struck motivation to the city and fear to criminals.

Yet, the L/N wasn't really doing it for the city.

Selfish? Probably.

His mindset was really to bring temporary happiness with the use of his wide range variety of skills. It was never to restore hope, but to restore meaning to something he has lost. A life. A life of meaning, joy, and goal.

Once restored, back to retirement he planned.

'...The Senator has this to say.'

"This so called Vigilante— For all i know, a hoax— isn't and must not be trusted in our streets. Sure, the man has given time to overpower the criminality around, but this does not-- or perhaps justify his true intentions. For all we know, he could be a diversion of sorts. We haven't even seen his face. For all we know, he is trouble."

'Obviously, Mr. Senator has been reading too much of the Daily Bugle! Developing story here-'

T.V flickered off as Flinchley sat on his chair, sighing. Small footsteps could be heard, a smirk curving up on his lips. The setting was dark, a light bulb on the ceiling emitting a yellow reflection on the dark walls.

"Well, look who showed up.." Monveta let out, a tone of exhaustion as he set the remote down. "Why come now?" Flinchley asked. The figure sat down, Flinchley could sense the sharp glare from behind the figure's mask.

 The figure sat down, Flinchley could sense the sharp glare from behind the figure's mask

[A/N: Thanks again for the edit @SEKRETONGMALUPYET ]

A chuckle was heard, slightly muffled. "You told me you were gonna catch him." The masked figure pointed out. "All this 'attraction' bullshit doesn't seem to be working, Monveta."

Flinchley scoffed. "That's where you come in." Mirrocc raised an eyebrow before gesturing for Flinchley to continue his explanation. "I need you to lure him."

"Why me?" asked the Masked man.

"Once we have attracted his parties, we have a clear shot. We get to have a shot of chaos." Flinchley explained, a psychotic tone. "And we do that, by attraction."

"Where to?"

Flinchley smirked.

"The biggest event New York has to offer.."