Chapter 2e

"Bloody hell. This wire is done for."

"Oh, not the rats again."

"This is getting ridiculous. I heard they have been plaguing London lately, but I never thought they would be much of a problem way out of the city."

Squeak squeak

"Ah!"

"Want some cheese tiny friend?"

"Now I got you, Rat!" Finny said as he threw a pedestal at the rat.

"No!" Bard and Meyrin said as Luka was just sitting in front of the rat with cheese on a plate. "What?"

"Looks like it got away. Tee-hee."

"What are you laughing for? Are you trying to kill us too you idiot?"

"I can't move my leg and feel something like water coming out of it including both arms."

"Oh dear. Where are the bandages?"

"I am so sorry!"

"I don't know."

After the three patched Luka's injuries, they sent him to be with Ranmao.

"Here you go while we are trying to exterminate the rat problem. Bye and thank you."

"Well what happened to you for bandages to be put on both arms, legs, and the forehead?"

"Finny threw a statue at a rat after we found wires that were chewed up."

"My, you seem to be a strong child to not cry."

"Strong kid. Glad you safe."

"Any fun stories you can tell me?"

"Sure! I will tell you the fascinating dragons of my culture versus the terrible demonic dragons the Christians make them to be."

"What a Christian?"

"A religion. . . besides that. . ."

While Lau was telling Luka stories, Ciel playing Billiards, the servants were trying their best to catch the rats.

They used mousetraps, Finny dressed in a cat costume, there was an actual cat, but they were not successful.

Later, Sebastian had captured the rats.

"Poor rats are dead."

"Why don't we continue with the alphabet and see if you are able to write words?"

"Okay, but can I give the rats a little funeral?"

"Sure!" 

At noon, Sebastian gave Bard a pie and now he is clueless on what to do with it.

"Oh dear, where did Sebastian go?"

"I wish I knew."

"I don't care about that right now. This is what I am worried about. Does "clean up" mean we get to eat the pie or not? I have to know!"

"I am sure one bite would be okay."

"No Finny! If we make one mistake, then Sebastian would bake us in the next pie."

"You need to calm down Bardroy. Here, a soothing drink would be fine."

"Milk. I don't see how that is going to solve the problem."

"Milk is an important part of our diet."

"I made a flower crown out of my favorite flowers. Bluebells!"

"Wow, that is amazing. I also like your poem."

Bluebells are great,

I love them so much,

Something I can't hate,

For the beauty I am touch.

In the garden we go,

We play all day,

I would like to know,

Where did my friend went away?

A person who is called by his highness,

I wouldn't want to bet,

I like his kindness,

And he thinks we are brothers from blood and sweat.

Fire went down,

A demon wish is granted,

I don't want a frown,

But our connection faded.

"That is a bit sad at the end."

While Bard and Meyrin were conversating, Finny and Luka were going to continue with the chores.

Finny and Luka were in the gardens. 

When it was after the start of dinner, Ciel and Sebastian finally arrived.

After dinner

"I have a question Luka? Did you always have an upside down star on your heart?"

"What?"

"Let me see. That is a pentagram. A pentagram is mostly something that connects to demons or something. Why do you have that?"

"I don't understand. . ."

Finny traced the mark and it glowed a bit, but not enough to be known.

********

"Huh!" messes up with math conversations.

"Are you alright?"

"What happened?"

"Is it something we should be concerned about besides the little brat of a master we have to serve?"

"No, I am fine. I just felt something strange and missing. Like my last contractor is still alive for some reason."

"Strange."

"Never heard that before."

"Should we go on a look out to find the source?"

"Get back to work! I ain't paying you to just stand there talking."

"As if."

"We don't even get paid."

"Yeah, we are just work here as lowly servants you hate."

********

"Doesn't seem like anything is happening. Alright, good night."

"Yeah, sweet dreams." Bard said putting a gun under his pillow.

"Good night!" Luka said as he put on his pajama shirt on.