13| SweetHeart

" I guess you can go to the dance." Madison said as she gave me a ticket. Tonight, the school was having a dance. I didn't want to go but of course, Ari dragged me into it. I took the ticket and walked away.
" Yay!" Ari said as she held my arm.
" I hate you." I smiled.
" Love you too." She smiled. She stopped.
" I just realized.... everyone has a girlfriend or boyfriend except me." She said.
" I'm forever alone. Go to the dance with me, Bethany!" She frowned.
" Ari, really?" I asked as she began to smile. I felt arms around me. And now I know why Ari is smiling.
" Shawn." I looked up and saw him smiling.
" Hey." He smiled.
" I was going to ask you to the dance but Ari beat me to it." I smiled at how cute he is. His arms felt my side and he went in front of me. He held a rose.
" Sorry, Ari." Shawn looked at her and smirked then looked at me.
" Will you go to the dance with me?" Shawn asked. I smiled and took the rose then nodded.
" That's it. I'm alone. " Ari said. Shawn hugged me.
" I love you." He said in my ear.
" Okay." I said. He gave me a little smiled and kissed me. The bell rang and school is now over. Everyone walked out, leaving Shawn and I. And Ari.
" You have a boyfriend?" Madison said, shocked.
" Surprise, surprise." She clapped her hands.
" Who is she?" Shawn asked.
" Me? Madison Charles. The popular girl. You?" She asked.
" Shawn Mendes. The boyfriend of my girl." He said.
" I wonder who that is." She smiled.
" Madison, stop. You need to get ready for that stupid dance." Hayes said.
" It's not stupid!" She whined as she walked away.
" Did I turn invisible?" Ari asked. I laughed.
" C'mon, lets go." I said as we walked out the school.
Hours later, I walk into the school with Shawn and Ari by my side. The music was loud and everyone was having a great time.
I felt Shawn's hand grab my hand. Ari wore what she wanted- jeans and a shirt. I just wore a simply dress and flats.
" Okay, can I go home now?" I asked.
" No." Ari and Shawn said in unison. I pout but that didn't work.
" I see Gabe... and Katy. I gotta go!" Ari said as she walked to them. Shawn and I stood there, not sure what to do.
" I'd rather go home." Shawn said. I smiled then nodded. As we were about to walk out, Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran started. Shawn looked at me then dragged me to the dance floor.
" Shawn, I can't dance." I said.
" It's easy." He said.
" How many talents do you have?" I asked, smiling. He chuckled then showed me. We started dancing and I was surprise how easy it was.
" You're a natural." Shawn said as he kissed my cheek.
" I always wanted to do that spinning thing." I said.
" This one?" He said as he picked me up then spun me around in his arms.
" Maybe." I said after giggling. He put me down and I look to see Hayes looking at us. Shawn caught him and held my hand.
" Let's go." He said as I looked at him. I nodded as we left.
When Shawn and I arrived at my home, Aunt Susan wasn't there. Shawn sat in the couch.
" Shawn, you should go." I said.
" And leave you here alone?" He said.
" Shawn..." I said.
" You can't make me leave." He said as he stood up. He walked towards me causing me to look up so I can see his face better. We were an inch apart.
" Shawn, leave." I said.
" Bethany, I will not leave." He smiled.
" Then I'll call my aunt." I said as I ran to the home phone. Yep, she has a home phone.
Shawn caught me by the waist and pulled me up. I struggled as I tried to pull away.
" Wouldn't she be mad at me?" Shawn said as he brought me closer to him. My back was on his chest.
" I'm cool with that." I shrugged. I felt his chest vibrate as he chuckled. He put me down and I turned to him.
" I'm not leaving." He smiled.
" Okay then." I said as I gave up. I walked to my room.
" Where ya going?" Shawn asked.
" My room." I said.
" Can I come?" He asked.
" Um... no." I said as I walked upstairs. I quickly changed into my pajamas and cleaned off my makeup. I walked downstairs and see Shawn at the door. He closed the door then turned around. He was holding a box of pizza.
" Hungry?" He asked as he placed the pizza on the coffee table. I nodded then sat on the couch with him. I grabbed a slice of pizza. I was about to eat it but I look to see Shawn looking.
" What?" I asked.
" You look cute without makeup." He said. I rolled my eyes as I eat my pizza.
" What?" He said.
" Every guy would say that." I said.
" Well, I mean it. I truly believe that you are beautiful- makeup or no makeup." He said as he kissed my cheek. I smiled.
The rest of the night, Shawn and I watched movies and just talked about the random things in life.
" Shawn, I'm glad that I meant you." I said.
" Even though you were a jerk at first." I said. He chuckled.
" At least, I wasn't a loser." He said.
" Hey!" I said.
" I'm kidding. " He said.
" Shawn, when you first looked at me... what was your first thought? Like what did you think about me?" I asked.
" I thought- no, I knew that you are the most beautiful person I ever seen... beside my mom. I just... needed you? I just felt like you were meant to be in my life. " He said. I nodded as I yawned. I am getting tired. Shawn brought me closer to him and I leaned my head in his shoulder.
" Good night." He said as I fell asleep.