09| First kiss

Shawn walked me home.
" Shawn, why are you so nice today?" I asked.
" It just seems right. You know, being nice. But only today then I'll be back to being the bad boy." Shawn said after he laughed.
" Sure." I said, giggling.
Hayes Pov
I was about to knock on the door. I needed to talk to Bethany. I don't know why but I just need too.
I want to hear her laugh. Her sweet, warming laugh. I want to see her smile.
I don't know what's wrong with me. She just have this sweet, innocent way to make me like her. Maybe it's more than a like.
I heard her giggle and I turn around and see her with Shawn. Why are they together?
I hid behind the bush and watched them.
" I had fun." Bethany said.
Bethany's Pov
" I had fun." I said.
" I'm glad that you did. I had fun too." Shawn smiled. We stood by the door for awhile. I see him lean in for a kiss. His eyes closed.
I wanted to kiss him but at the same time, I couldn't. I put my hand on his chest to stop him.
" What did I do?" He asked as his eyes opened.
" Nothing. I just can't kiss you." I said.
" Why?"
" I just can't." I said.
" Bethany, give me a reason!" He shouted. I jumped.
" I don't know the reason, Shawn!" I shouted back.
" It's Hayes, isn't it?" He asked. I stood there. Maybe it is Hayes. Or maybe it's because I never kissed someone before.
I saw the bush move a little and I looked at it for a second.
" Is it because of Hayes?" He asked, slowly as he caught my attention again.
" Why are you mad all of a sudden?" I asked.
" You didn't answer my question." He said.
" I never had my first kiss." I admitted. I covered my mouth. Why did I say that?
His face soften and he chuckled. I uncovered my mouth. I giggled a little but stopped from embarrassment. He grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes.
" Then it has to be perfect." He said. I smiled. I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him down. Our lips connected and I felt his smile. His arms wrapped around me. Butterflies were in my stomach.
But it's not what I wanted. It didn't feel right, I guess.
This moment isn't how I imagined it. I guess not all first kisses are great.
Moments later, we pulled away.
" I'll see you later." He said as he touched my cheek. I nodded while smiling. He smiled and walked away.
I opened the door and walked in.
Hayes Pov
What am I feeling? Am I mad? Sad? Both?
Seeing Bethany and Shawn kiss is the worst thing that happened to me.
I got up once I see her go inside the house. Part of me want to grab her arm and tell her what I feel about her. The other says to move on.
Maybe it's best for me. She isn't ready to know the real world. She isn't ready to know the real me.
I already hurt her once. I don't want to do it twice. Maybe I hurt her since the day we met.
I'm just a distraction to what is important to her.
Bethany's Pov
" Hold up! I saw it!" I hear Ari shout. I walked to the living room. Ari and Gabe was sitting in the couch.
" Bethany likes older boys." Gabe said, laughing.
" Shut up." I said, blushing. I sat on the couch.
" Yea, shut up, Gabe. It's not like he is 20 years old." Ari said.
" He better not be." Gabe said.
" He is 16." I said.
" Name?" Ari asked.
" Shawn." I smiled.
" Oh, I'm Bethany and I have myself a man." Ari teased as she stood on the couch.
" Oh, Shawn. Shawn, Shawn, Shawn. What will I do without him? Maybe chill with my awesome, best friend in the entire galaxy- Ari." She said as jumped on the couch.
" Or me." Gabe smiled.
" Nah. She knows I'm the best." Ari smiled.
" Wait, were you two spying on us?" I asked.
" You are very slow, girl." Gabe said. I punched his arm.
" Maybe we were. You will never know." Ari said.
" Yea, okay." I smiled. I laughed as I watch Ari and Gabe fight. Its mostly Gabe telling Ari to stop jumping on the couch.
" Gabe, you are such a neat freak." Ari said as she sat down.
" I am not." Gabe whined. Ari's phone rang.
" Hello?" Ari said. Gabe and I scoot closer to Ari.
" Oh, okay." Ari hung up.
" So?" Gabe asked.
" Guys, have you heard of privacy." She laughed. We were quiet for a minute.
" Well, my parents won't be home today so I'm alone." Ari said.
" You can sleep over." I said. Ari smiled.
" What about me?" Gabe asked. We stared at him.
" Oh, wait... forget that I asked that." Gabe continued.
I suddenly felt like I needed to tell them about the kiss. They are my friends and I trust them.
" Guys", They looked at me," you know the kiss with Shawn and I... it didn't feel right."
" Well, what do you mean?" Ari asked.
" It just- it wasn't right. It's felt like I shouldn't kiss him. I wasn't in... love?" I said.
" Oh."