12| Letter readers

Dear Chris,
I miss you. I truly do. California is so different. There are parties and lots of girls wearing crop tops.
Being here kind of changed me. I met this guy.... I felt like... a different person. I also noticed that I talked to some people! Unbelievable, right?
Wait, I went to my first party! I know, I'm lame. But now, I'm trying to avoid them. It was that horrible.
Anyways, guess who had a relationship before you? Me! Ha, in your face, Collins.
Wow, I have so much to say. But I'm not writing it. I'm that lazy.
Before I forget, I cannot stay in your closet. And I haven't cooked a cookie in weeks.
Point is I miss you too. And I will move back to Canada, I promise.
From,
Bethany
I folded my letter and put it in an envelope. I sealed it and put a stamp on it. I walked outside to find a post office.
Once I found one, I put the letter in and walked back home.
Madison's Pov
" Omg, totally." Rachel said.
" Ugh, I need new shoes." Tiffany whined.
" Shut up, you already bought some." I snapped. I'm still not happy with Hayes. We haven't spoken in 5 hours.
" Miss him already?" Rachel said.
" It's been 5 hours. 5 hours! I bet he is thinking about that girl. What does he even see in her?"
" Well, her hair is cute. She is smart-" I cut Tiffany off.
" Didn't I tell you to shut up?" I asked.
" Wait, look." I turn to see where Rachel was looking. Bethany walking to the post office.
Who would send a letter? We have a phone for a reason.
" She is so old-schooled." Rachel said.
" I know. Lets go." I said as we walked to the post office.
We watched her leave. Once she was gone, we went search for that letter.
" Got it!" Tiffany squealed.
" Get it." I took it from her. I opened the letter.
" Dear Chris, blah. Wait... A guy? She is talking about Hayes!" I shouted causing a lady to look at me.
" I hate her." I said. I sealed the envelope back together and left it in that mailbox thing.
" What are you going to do?" Rachel asked.
" I'm going to see Hayes." I smirked.
I knocked on his door for three minutes straight.
" Open the door, Grier!" I shouted. I see Hayes through the window. He opens the door and I get inside.
" Hi..." He said.
" I need to talk to you." I sat on the couch. He sat by me.
" I know you like her." I said, frowning.
" I don't like Bethany." Hayes said. Got ya.
" I didn't say Bethany." I said.
" I'm sorry, Madison. It's just..." He trailed off.
" Hayes, you really hurt me. I- I thought you love me. "
" I do love you." He said. I mentally groaned.
" Then stop liking her." I stood up and walked to the door.
" How?"
" You're Hayes Grier, figure it out." I said as I slammed the door.
I got him wrapped around my finger. The only reason I'm dating him is because he is popular.
Bethany's Pov
I sat on my bed. I was on my phone, watching YouTube videos. I am currently watching Tyler Oakley's video. I secretly laugh at how funny he is.
My phone buzzed causing the video to pause.
Nash is the best
Hey, I'm BORED! Save me, please.😑
Weird.
To Nash is the best
I guess I'm coming over.
I get up and changed into skinny jeans and a tank top. I walked out.
" I'm going to Nash's house!" I shouted.
" Okay, don't talk to Hayes!" She shouted back.
" Trust me, I won't!" I shouted as I closed the door.
I grabbed my earphones from my pocket. I groaned as I untangled it. After about five minutes of struggling, I put it in. I put on one of my favorite songs.
I walk towards Nash's house. The wind was gently brushing the leaves on the palm trees. I see people looking at me but I ignored it.
When I reached his house, I walked straight it. I didn't need to knock. I looked at his house, admiring how cool it looks. And how clean it is. I didn't need to be a genius to know that boys can be messy. I hope I didn't walk in the wrong house.
I see Nash and I sighed in relief.
" Hey, Bethany." I heard him say. I took off my earphones and said hi.
" What do you can a fake noodle?" Nash asked as he looked down on his phone for a second.
" Um, I don't know." I said.
" An impasta." He said.
" Oh, wow." I smiled. We sat on the couch and talked.
" Hayes, I forgot my phone!" Madison shouted as she walked in. She saw me and looked away like she was disgusted. I guess her hate level rose today.
" Here." Hayes come down the stairs. He saw me and froze like I was an unexpected guest.
" Thanks, babe." Madison took it and hugged him. Hayes kept looking at me as he hugged her. She kissed his cheek and smiled while also looking at me.
" Do you both have a staring problem?" Nash asked.
" Well, I'm leaving." Madison said.
" I'm coming." Hayes said. Madison shot a look at me then smiled. She nodded as they left.
" Sorry about that." He said.
" Sorry about what? I'm alright." I smiled as I looked at Nash.