07| Focused, Learning, & A Maybe Mistake

A week has past and everything is back to normal and better. Aunt Susan and I are talking again. I'm back to studying and focusing on school. Nash, Cameron, and I are close friends. Madison doesn't hate me that much... I think. Ari and I became very close. Gabe is still Gabe. Sorry.
Hayes? We haven't talked. He doesn't even look at me. He only slipped in my mind a few times. By a few, I mean a lot. Why did he do that? Focus, Bethany.
I am currently working on my essay. Ari is here because she needed help.
" Who was our 14th president?" Ari asked.
" Franklin Pierce." I said, quickly.
" I love having a smart friend." She laughed as she wrote. I laughed and continued to finish my writing.
" Hey, girls. I'm about to head to the mall. Want to come? " Aunt Susan asked.
" Yes. I'll do anything to not do homework." Ari said as she closed her notebook.
" But it's due tomorrow." I said.
" It's due next week." Ari said.
" I'll just stay home. I don't feel like going." I said.
" Okay, call me if anything happens." Aunt Susan said.
" Do you want me to stay?" Ari ask.
" Just go." I smiled. They nodded and closed the door.
I hear the front door close. I start writing again.
" They are finally gone." Someone said. I jump and turn around.
" Shawn?" I questioned.
" Yea?" He smiled as he sat on my bed.
" Why are you here? Wait, where did you hide?" I asked.
" I miss you, Bethany. And I hid under your bed. " He said.
" Well, I don't miss you. And you are a major creep." I said as I threw a pencil at him. He laughed. During the week, we talked but it's not always nice. He would lean in for a kiss and when I reject him, he gets angry. But we are kind of friends.
" Ouch. I'm hurt." Shawn put his hand over his chest.
" Shawn, I know that you are a nice guy. " I said.
" Nice guys don't get what they want. " Shawn said. I ignored him and continued to work.
" Still working. Typical Bethany. Maybe a little more talkative." Shawn said as I felt his presence near me. He plays with my hair.
" Yea." I said as I pretend to listen to him. I felt uncomfortable because he was now braiding my hair. I'm not use to people touching me.
" I thought Hayes liked you." Shawn said, catching my attention.
" I remember hearing you talk at night, wondering if you were just a toy. " Shawn continued. I would say stalker but Shawn would walk the streets at night.
" It was silly." I said as I shook head.
" To fall for a guy who doesn't care for you." Shawn said. I nodded.
" I can fix that." Shawn said.
" What?" I asked.
" Just one date with me. You are welcome. " Shawn said.
" Shawn, I can't. I'm more focused on school and work." I said.
" Bethany..." He trailed off. I felt his hand on my waist.
" Just one date?" I ask. It seems right and wrong.
" Yep." He said.
" Okay." I smiled.
" Alright, tonight. I'll pick you up at 8." Shawn smiled at me. I didn't say anything. I hear my door close.
I didn't finish my essay. I just walked outside. I don't see Shawn. I quickly grab my penny board and rode to Starbucks.
As I rode my penny board, I see Hayes walking into a store with Madison. Of course, he has someone to be with.
I went to the store and walked inside. Why am I doing this?
That's it, I'm officially going crazy.
I look at the clothes and shoes. I looked at the high heels and cringed.
" Well, look who is here?" Madison said as I turned around.
" Hey." I said.
" Save it, I know you are here for Hayes. Stop being a creep and get out." She said.
" Okay, think what you want. I just wanted to look for a nice shop but this place sucks." I said. Great, I turned into a liar.
" Because, you can't afford anything in here. " She smiled.
" I can afford that fake purse that you have." I smiled as I walked out. I bumped into someone.
" Sorry." I said. I looked up and saw Hayes.
" What are you doing here?" He asked as his hand was about to touch me. I backed away.
" I was about to leave... And now,
I am leaving. Bye." I said as I quickly walked out.
I sticked to my original plan and went to Starbucks. When I arrived, I order my drink and sat at a table.
I see Katy and Gabe walk in. They smiled and laughed. They literally looked like the perfect couple.
" Hey, Bethany." Katy smiled as she saw me.
" Hey." I said, trying to smile.
" You okay?" Gabe asked. I nodded. He looked at me, worried.
" C'mon, Gabe. The line is getting long." Katy said.
" Okay. Bye, Bethany." Gabe said.
" Bye, Bethany. Nice to meet you again." Katy smiled as they walked away.
I tap my foot, wondering if I made a mistake. A date with Shawn? Seriously? It has to be a mistake. But why did it seem right at the moment?