01| New Home & New Start

You know what's best thing about moving?

Nothing about it is the best.

Going to a new school, new home, new area. Meeting people. I don't really like it.

Why am I moving? I'm going to live with my aunt in LA.

" Bye, grandma. " I hugged her and kissed her cheek.

" Bye, Bethany. I'll see you soon. Be good." She smiled.

" You know I'm always good." I said. She laughed. I hugged her one last time. I grabbed my suitcases and bag. I took one last look and left. Chris was already walking to my house.

His brown hair was messy. His green eyes looked dull. He walked towards me and smiled.

" I can't believe you are leaving me." He said. He hugged me. I didn't want to let go. I sniffed his cologne. He knows I love it. We pull apart.

" I have too. Grandma can't take care of me anymore. Aunt Susan said she would care for me." I said.

" I wish you can stay." Chris said.

" Chris, I cannot live in your closet." I said. He laughed.

" I know. I know." He said.

" I got four more years. I would move back here." I said.

" Promise? Promise that you would move back here in Canada in four years." He held out his pinky.

" I promise. Promise that you'll never forget me." I held out my pinky.

" I promise." He said. We crossed our pinkys and nodded. He grabbed my suitcase and put it in his car. He can drive since he is 17 years old. I got in and he started the car. He drove to the airport.

An hour later, I'm waiting in the airport. I quietly sip my smoothie.

" Flight to Los Angeles, California..." I didn't hear the rest, I just got up and walked towards the airplane. I went to my seat and put up my suitcases. I sat by the window. I wonder who I'm sitting by.

I see a guy with brown hair and eyes coming towards me. He put up his suitcase and sat by me. I guess him.

" Hey, I'm Shawn. Shawn Mendes." He said, I felt his eyes staring at me. I nod and read my book.

During the whole flight, he tried to talk to me. Couldn't he tell that I was not talking to him. That I was uncomfortable. The plane boarded and we got up. I tried to get my second suit case. Shawn grabbed it and gave it to me. I looked at him, but I avoided eye contact.

" Thanks." I mumbled as I grabbed the suitcase and walked out. I walked out the airplane. I look to see a lady with blond hair. Her blue eyes sparkled as her smile appeared. I ran and hugged her tightly.

" I miss you too." Aunt Susan said, stroking my hair. I pulled away and we walked to her car.

" So tell me about Chris. New chapter? You and him are dating?" Aunt Susan said.

" Oh, my God." I said with embarrassment.

" You act like I'm an old lady. I'm only 37 years old." She laughed.

" Looks like you're 48 years old." I said.

" Excuse me?" She raised an eyebrow.

" Nothing." I said.

" That's what I thought." She said. We got inside the car and she drove.

I watched as we passed by the beach and many people. I see girls with longer, more beautiful hair flow in the wind. I watch as guys stare at them. They had clothes that I couldn't afford.