Chapter 9

Its currently the next day, Saturday, and Taehyung hasn't said a word. Just simple nods here and there, or points to things he wants. The boys are on a small break from being home schooled. They chose to watch a movie while eating lunch. Jimin and Jungkook are sitting together, cuddled up under a blanket, while Taehyung is by himself on the opposite end of the couch.

"Taehyung." I call out softly. He looks up, giving me his attention. I motion for him to come over with my hand. He lets out a sigh, stands up and walks over. I carefully take his hand and take him outside, going on a small stroll in the garden in the backyard.

"How are you liking it here?" I ask, swinging out hands back a forth a little. He simply shrugs in response. "Are you learning new things from my teaching?" I ask. He nods his head, looking down at the yellow roses. "Taehyung." I sigh, making him look at me. I give him a sympathetic look before kissing his forehead for a few seconds. Once I look at him again, his eyes are teary and his lip is quivering.

"Awe, honey." I pout, pulling him in for a tight hug. He wraps his arms around my stomach, grabbing tightly onto my shirt with both hands and burying his face into my chest. His body rattles with his soft sobs, holding his breath, trying to hold them in, but failing miserably. I play with his hair in attempt to calm him down which sort of works.

"Why are you so upset Taehyung?" I ask, pulling my chest from his face so he can speak clearly.

"I-I don't fe-eel need-needed any more." He heaves out, his sobs wanting to break through his words.

"What do you mean?" I frown, taking my thumbs and wiping the tears from his cheeks the best I can.

"Jimin and J-Jungkook. They h-ha-have Hoseok and Yoongi n-now. They do-don't need me." His voice cracks at the end as more tears spill from his eyes as he pulls his lips into a tight line.

"Taehyungie, look at me." I say softly. He looks up at me, eyes keeping contact with mine. "They will always need you, no matter what. Remember how I told you as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be?" I ask, continuing to wipe his cheeks. He nods his head, still paying attention.

"As long as you're living, they'll need you. As long as you're living, their brother you'll be." I smile, watching him sniff and blink away a few more tears which I wipe right away. "Okay?" I ask, hearing him sniff again.

"Okay." He whispers out, nodding his head. I smile and kiss both his cheeks to which he giggles a little. We continue to walk around the garden, long enough for him to calm down and for the puffy and redness of his face to go down. All the while I hum a few melodies to keep him calm, which he picks up quickly and hums along too.

"Do you like music?" I ask as we walk back inside.

"Yes! I used to sing with a few of my friends years ago. I can't remember their names, but I miss them." Taehyung sighs out as we enter the living room. Yoongi has joined Jimin's side as Hoseok makes a handshake with Jungkook.

"Namjoon," The boy looks up from his book. "Do you mind showing Taehyung your music collection? Your records and tapes please?" I smile, getting an excited squeak out of the younger. Namjoon hops off the love seat and holds out his hand for Taehyung. The younger carefully takes it before the pair make their way upstairs.

"What are you guys up too?" I ask as I watch Hoseok and Jungkook's successful attempt at their handshake.

"Kook and I wanna make a secret handshake before they come to school with us! It'll show people how close we are if we have a handshake." Hoseok grins widely, getting a rapid nod of his head out of Jungkook.

"Yeah! And Yoongi let me borrow his old glasses so I can read all the books he does. I can see the TV now, and he said I'll be able to see the color board from my seat in class." Jimin motions to the glasses on his face, slipping down a little.