Chapter 1

Hello. My name is Kim Seokjin, I'm 24 years old and I save children. Literally, my job is finding kids in need and putting them into healthy environments. But, just not any kids in need, but kids who are being sold. There are many unknown bets, auctions and wages that go on undetected by the police that sell kids for either their looks, smarts, talents and more. So far, I've saved a proud number of 117 kids. The number may not be large, but the number of lives is.

Now, not every child can be put into a new home, simply because no one wants them. That's very rare though. On those occasions, I keep them. It's only happened three times though, which I'm very thankful for. I've saved, kept and raised three lovely boys that I can proudly call my sons. Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok and Kim Namjoon.

I came across Yoongi a few years ago when I first started doing what I do now. He was being sold at a high price of $50,000 for his talent of computer hacking and programming. His skills can hack banks, secret government programs and more. I'm not sure how a 15 year old knew how to do that but many bad people were willing to bid higher for him. I got him out quick enough though.

Now, Hoseok was put in my path a year later when he was being sold at a higher price, $80,000 for his impeccable dance skills. A lot of gross, despicable, gruel people were there, whispering about how they would make the 14 year old dance for them.. and do things I would rather not mention. I definitely needed to get him out right away, and that's what I did.

Namjoon was brought to my attention nearly weeks after taking in Hoseok. He was hard to find, but we eventually found him being auctioned in Florida for his high IQ at such a young age. He was auctioned off for $90,000. Everyone wanted his smarts, mostly for evil masterminds and testing in labs. I was NOT going to let that happen, so I took him in. Yoongi and Hoseok welcomed him right away, which I was grateful for.

To this day they're always respectful towards me. Of course they have small disagreements but nothing major has ever happened. I've never had to punish them.. severely. Time outs were dished out here and there, basic house rule groundings were set. I don't want to be hard on them. They all have PTSD from being in those places for so long. Some of their parents even send their kids there for the money they can get off their kids. Yoongi is now 17, Hoseok and Namjoon both 16.

"Seokjin?" I look up from the picture I'm currently holding in my hand of me and my boys, looking to the door of my office.

"Yoongi? Ugh what have I told you? Call me Jin.. or y'know, appa." I sigh, putting the photo down and walking over to him.

"Right, Jin." He starts, I mentally groan. Just call me appa, that's all I ask. "Hoseok needs some snacks and none of the maids are free and you know both Joon and I will burn the kitchen down just opening the cupboards. Also, there's some guy with a folder at the door requesting you." He finished off, walking back towards the living room. I furrow my brows and walk towards the front door, my heart dropping as I see my usual folder guy, here to tell me that another auction is going on soon.

"This one is rare." He mutters, handing me the folder. My heart drops even more as I become nervous. Rare, what the hell is in store for me? I open the folder, read the location, which is a little far from here. I read the type of auction, talents and looks. What surprises me the most, is that there isn't just one kid I need to take in, it's 3, and they're triplets.

"Triplets?!" I whisper exclaim towards the man beside me. He gives me a simple single nod and a tight lip smile. "O-Okay, thank you. I'll be there, nice work. Dismissed." I thank, closing the folder and closing the door once he leaves with a bow. I speed walk back to my office and hide the folder, knowing Namjoon will want to read it soon. I head into the kitchen and quickly whip up a batch of instant noodles, spicing them how the boys like it and carrying the 3 bowls into the living room.