ch. 11 - Science & Faith

“I tried pushing evolution
As the obvious conclusion of the start.
But it was for my own amusement
Saying love was an illusion of a hopeless heart.”

The pressure of the fingers against Harry’s hip had him startling from his slumber, blinking a few times fuzzily and momentarily causing him to be confused by his surroundings. He twisted when he realized that they were settled in Zayn’s guest room, adjusting to lay on his back as his eyes flickered over to meet Louis’. He quirked his mouth back into a small, uncertain grin at the sight before him, reaching his hand down between the covers to twist their fingers together. He swallowed thickly, watching as the boy lifted their entangled hands to press a few kisses down along the back of his hand and wrist bone. “Morning.” Harry rasped tiredly, fully turning to lay on his side. His head had ducked down, tucking himself in close against Louis’ chest and humming quietly in the process of him doing so. His curls were probably a mess against his boy’s face, but he knew damn well that Louis wouldn’t give a shit. They were so accustomed to one another now that, at this point, they were used to waking up with mouthfuls of each other. And not just with hair, if you know what he meant.

“G’morning.” Louis hummed in response, propping himself up onto his elbow to eye Harry curiously, “How did you sleep?” He coaxed.

“Mm, alright I guess. Was kind of… tossing ‘n turning, in case you didn’t notice.” Harry muttered in response, nudging his nose closer against the boy’s chest.

“I definitely noticed.”

“Shut up.” He huffed out and licked his lips.

Louis stifled a small laugh, untangling their hands in favor of sliding it down along the expanse of the boy’s back muscles. He tucked his fingers along the curve of his arse instead, dipping his head down to mouth loosely along the length of Harry’s throat through his hair.

Harry murmured quietly in response to this, shifting closer to his boy and puffing out a breath of air. They hadn’t really touched each other like this in a week or two, and although he definitely missed it, he also knew that Zayn would most likely strangle the both of them if he caught them fucking on his bed, so. “Ugh, no. He’ll kill us.” He groaned, turning his face into the pillows as he spoke as if he were remorseful of the fact that they couldn’t continue.

“Who said he has to know?” Louis muttered from against Harry’s skin, eyes flickering up briefly to glance at the door before his hands came to curl around his boy’s body to drag him in closer against him. He slung his leg over the boy’s hip, turning his head to search for his mouth before he was connecting them. He could hear Harry mumbled about morning breath, but he really couldn’t care at the moment; too intensely focused on the task at hand.

Of course, that was when there was a banging at the door, “Oi, wake up. Liam and Niall are going to be here any moment.” Zayn shouted through the wood.

Harry couldn’t help but to stifle a laugh as he pulled back away from Louis’ mouth when he groaned, pressing his face into the boy’s shoulder and breathing him in deeply through his nose. “Come on, you know they want all of us to make the announcement.” He whispered softly from against his skin.

Louis let out an annoyed huff of air, though Harry could tell that it was more fond if anything, “Yeah, yeah. Alright. Let’s go.” He grunted, “We’re continuing this later though.” He tacked on, pinching at Harry’s bum as he rolled out of the bed with a small yelp. Snickering, Louis followed him closely as they headed for the showers to soap themselves down and prepare for the rather large day ahead of them.

Last week, it had been announced by their new Management team, Azoff, that their contract with Modest! Management had “expired” and One Direction had decided to sign with them instead. Of course, that wasn’t true, but it was part of the settlement that Modest! had agreed to when the lawyers got involved. They kept their mouths shut about everything negative and paid up $5 million, and in return they were free from their wrath. Which was a decent deal, if you were to ask anybody. Especially considering what could have happened; a lawsuit against them that was higher than $50 million. That was a lot of bloody money. A lot of money that they didn’t have. Fortunately enough, Azoff had managed to dig up enough dirt on Management to counter-sue, and in response they had settled on… well that. Like previously stated, it was a good fucking deal and Harry was more grateful for their new Management team than he had been of anybody else.