ch. 8 - Finally Found You

"You know I'm gon get ya, yeah
Whatever it takes to get there
No I won't drop you
Like everybody else does."

            Liam didn’t really know how he was supposed to be taking all of this. With Louis and Harry gone, the other three boys were stuck picking up the pieces and he really just hoped that they would return soon because he missed them. So much. It had been almost 4 months since the boys had last seen the pair, and they really just wished that they could hear from them.

“Do you think that they’ll ever come back?” Niall asked tentatively from where they were currently piled into the studio. They were making a new album, on Management’s demands, and had been working their asses of since the last tour had been cancelled (the solo’s were too complicated and everything had just been wrong without Louis and Harry). Life was getting complicated.

“I don’t know, Ni. It’s– you know how it is with them.” Liam replied softly, glancing over at where Zayn was and chewing on his bottom lip.

“They’ll call.” The raven-haired boy said after a moment, pursing his lips and pausing from where he had been flicking through his cell phone.

“What makes you so sure?” Niall asked tentatively, fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

“Dunno, mate. I can feel it.” He replied.

Swiping his tongue over his lips, Liam sighed and slumped against the wall, tilting his head back and closing his eyes. Almost on cue, the shrill sound of Zayn’s voice began to ring out through the recording room and everyone paused for a moment. Swallowing thickly, Zayn lifted the phone up to his ear and closed his eyes with a small breath.

“Hello?” He answered lowly.

There was some heavy breathing on the other line, then some ruffling and a somewhat high-pitched voice spoke out.

“Zayn?”

A small breath of relief was expelled from Zayn’s lungs as he dropped back onto the ground, his throat beginning to close up as attempted to form the right words. “L-Louis?” He croaked, his voice cracking as he spoke.

“Hi, love.” Louis replied softly.

“Where are– where did you go? We miss you so much.” Zayn breathed out, his heart swelling in his chest at just the sound of the boy’s voice. He missed it.

“I know, m’sorry. I really just– Haz, stop.” Louis’ voice cracked a bit, the receiving end of the line being muffled as if someone was covering the microphone.

“Louis?” Zayn rushed out.

“Yeah, I’m– sorry, yeah, I’m here.” Louis muttered in response.

“Where are you? Are you coming home soon?” Zayn pressed eagerly.