ch. 3 - Nothing

• Dedicated to The Script

Nothing by The Script
" My mates are all there trying to calm me down, 'cause I'm shouting your name all over town... "

     They leave Christchurch the next morning, blundering down the streets of England with high heads and a deathly silence that filled the car.  The windows were rolled down a bit since it was unusually warm in England that morning and Louis is driving this time.  Harry leans against his side of the door, propping himself up with his elbow on the windowsill and his chin in the palm of his hand.  His gaze is focused solemnly on the things that they pass, brightness radiating off of his body as he did so.  It wasn't unusual for him to be so happy about traveling - he always loved to travel - but it was the first time in a while since they had actually traveled like this.  The wind was buffeting his large mound of hair, touseling it messily so that it was flying about wildly.  Harry's green eyes were glittering with happiness as he stared out the glass window, obviously very pleased with himself as they drove along.  They were crossing over out of Great Britian and going to Paris, France, since the paparazzi there was limited and... well, illegal.  Paris.  God, Harry was fucking terrified.  Mostly because it was known as the 'city of love' and that was honestly the last thing that he needed.

     Harry sighed, rubbing at his eyes and closing them as he leaned against the car door.  Louis turned the volume of the radio up a bit, the familiar hum of Macklemore thrumming through the speakers as they cruised down the freeway.  He took comfort in the man's lyrics, closing his eyes and mouthing along to the lyrics as he did so.  The nearest airport wasn't too far away, and since they didn't have much stuff to bring besides money, he knew that there wouldn't be much trouble there anyways.

     By the time that they reached the airport, it was 12 noon and the heat was smoldering for once.  Harry had shed himself of the majority of his clothing until he was left in just his black ray bans, a beanie (to avoid fans), some white shorts and a baby-blue t-shirt hanging loosely over his lanky torso.  "Fucking hell, it's bloody scorching."  Louis complained as he pulled up into a nearby parking spot.  Harry huffed in agreement, pushing himself out of his seat and unfastening his seat belt.  Pushing open the door, he slammed it shut and opened the back doors to get their suitcases out along with their overnight bag.  He pushed his damp curls out of his face, squinting a bit despite the fact that he had sunglasses on to rebound the glare of the sun's burning rays.  They rolled their way up through the airport's parking lot, their haads ducked down low to avoid passer-byers suspicious glances.  Though, everyone seemed to be too caught up in their own flights to notice the fact that there were two of the biggest boy-bander's just a couple feet away from them.  As they paid for a couple of tickets, they ignored the attendant's gnawing gazes and Harry merely flashed her a dimpled smile, "Don't tell anyone we were here, yeah?"  He said, tappin the pad of his index finger tip against the wooden table.  The lady nodded meekly, blinking a couple of times and smearing some of her make-up across her face as she rubbed at her eyes as it to make sure that this was real.  It made both of the boy's chuckle as they dropped their suitcases off at the small stand to be taken to the plane.  They took their overnight bags, however, and set off towards security to check out.     

The airplane is actually packed when they crowd up front in the first class seats (the things Harry could do – but Louis’ not jealous.  Not at all).  As they take off 15 minutes later, they both grip the arms of their seats tightly before Louis is lolling his head forwards to press it into the dip of Harry’s shoulder in exhaustion.  Surprisingly, he doesn’t move away.  Instead, he stiffens slightly before leaning back in his own seat.  And, well, that’s that.  They fall asleep, in and out of consciousness through out the entire ride into Paris.  It’s a good 3-hour flight at least, and they just sleep through out the whole thing.  They’re good though, their body heat being exchanged between the couple, and if the flight attendants cast them curious smiles, they don’t say anything about it because really – this is their time.