ch. 9 - All Of Me

"What would I do without your smart mouth?
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down."

            To say that Harry was anxious would be an understatement. He knew that him and Louis had agreed to come out and, of course, he wasn’t going to take that back, but it didn’t really matter because it still made him a little bit queasy with the thought. Before all of this, it had been Louis that had refused to come out, but now that they were together again, it seemed to be the opposite. Not only because of the fact that Harry hadn’t technically broken up with Nick– though, he was pretty sure that from the recent papers that he had a new boyfriend now– but because they were still bound to their contract; even if they had broken a couple of… major topics within the last couple of months of running away. He was nervous that Modest! Management was going to sue them or something of the sort. Which, they probably would be by the time that they got back, which was probably another problem that him and Louis would need to sort out.

Exhaling sharply through his nose, he shook his head to himself and ran a hand through his hair. Whatever. He didn’t care right now. Harry was going to come out, and he was going to do it with his boy. If their Management was going to flip on them because of it, then that would be a bridge that they could cross when they got there.

“So how are we going to do this?” Louis’ voice broke through his thoughts and Harry blinked a few times in confusion, drawing his eyebrows together. “Like. Should we just. Call the papers or something? Or make sure people are taking pictures of us?” He prompted slowly.

They were currently situated on the bed of their hotel, Louis sitting with crossed legs and Harry’s sprawled out over the edge. Clearing his throat thoughtfully, Harry tilted his head back a bit and leaned back onto his hands as he stared up at the ceiling with his eyebrows drawn together still. “I don’t know. Honestly, I think we should just… come out and say it, but at the same time I want people to figure it out for themselves.” He said slowly, passing his tongue over his parched lips.

Louis nodded his head slowly, despite the fact that he knew that Harry wasn’t looking at him. He understood, to an extent, what Harry was trying to say. It made sense to him, sort of. “Okay.” He agreed, slowly, “We could just, like. We could do it slowly, but out in the open? But, I mean, Management will find us and set the police on us.” He rumbled a small laugh, though it was dry and humorless. This wasn’t exactly funny.

Harry exhaled slowly through his parted lips, the air being expelled sharply from his lungs in the process. “Yeah, I just. I don’t know. It’s difficult to really think right now, Lou. We can’t keep running. The boys need us now, it’s been months and they’re about to finish their tour.” He murmured quietly, nibbling on his lower lip. He hated the thought of everything right now. “I don’t want them to hate us, and I know they don’t, but. This is their career.” Harry said softly. He swallowed thickly, Adam’s apple bobbing in the process, and was only slightly surprised when he felt Louis crawling up onto his lap. Once he was situated with his knees planted firmly on either side of Harry’s slim hips, Louis leaned forwards enough to bump their noses together.

“Stop worrying.” Louis murmured quietly, his hand reaching up to card through Harry’s curls, “We don’t even had to rejoin the band, you know. Our contract ends in a few months and we’re already in deep shit. We’ll just. Get a good lawyer, you know? Maybe we can try and work something out.” He croaked hopefully.

Harry’s eyes were already beginning to collect with salty tears, his fingertips brushing gently along the curve of Louis’ jawline. He traced the crevices of his skin, the soft shadow of his stumble rubbing against the pads of his fingers in the process. “You’re fucking perfect, Louis.” He breathed out softly, eyelashes fluttering against his cheekbones as he leaned to catch Louis’ mouth into a brief, slow kiss. Drawing back afterwards, he leaned their foreheads together and slid his hands down to lace their fingers together. They slotted between one another neatly, and Harry’s eyes remained on them for a little while longer. He didn’t understand how him and Louis had made it this far. It was both the best and the worst thing.