Chapter 2 - The Ferry to Poland

NOTE - please don't come at me I've genuinely never been on a boat before which was kinda bad panning but like- still. Boats are awesome 😎

~~~~~~
22nd of January, 1957

George glanced down at his wrist watch. It read 11:12. If Dream didn't hurry up and get here in less then 10 minutes, they where going to miss the Pogton ferry. And yes, that was its name.

He stared up and the ferry that stretched above him and admired it.

It was beautiful and long, shining beautifully in the sunlight. Gold stripes wrapped around it, and the smoke twirled from the pipes. Hundreds of tiny windows on the edge of the ferry looked like small squares dotted along the side.

The sky was stretched above him, not a cloud in sight. He breathed in happily.

It rather felt like George was dreaming; travelling on one of the poshest ferrys in America, to investigate a bank robbery with a world famous detective. A rather pretty one, he might add.

He dragged himself from his thoughts and looked around for him once again. George was begging to worry now, where on earth was he?

And then, as if he had come out of nowhere, Dream came hurrying down to the edge of the port, clutching his luggage and calling out to George. His blonde hair glinted in the sunlight,

"Sorry I'm late!" He cried as he made his way down to George.

"It's alright," George sighed. 

"The taxi driver was like five hours late." Dream said sarcastically.

Then he looked up at the ferry. "woah!" He cried admiringly.

"I know! It's so big. Look at all the windows as well!" Then he looked across at him.

He pointed awkwardly to Dream's undone tie. Dream blinked at him.
"Your tie dream.." George mumbled.

"Oh right yeah." And he fiddled with it until it was done perfectly.

Dream looked up and smiled at him, "right, we have a ferry to catch."
~~~~~~
There was a small queue leading up to the ferry. Dream and George made their way to back, and even some more people joined the queue behind them.

Dream sighed impatiently and looked up at the boat, and George had to go on his top toes to view why it was taking them so long to get on.

*LANGUAGE WARNING LMAO*

The birds chirped happily above them, swirling in circles, but the happy moment was quite ruined when a strong Irish voice shouted out louder than the birds altogether.

"YOU FOCKING CUNT YOU JUST TOOK MY MONEY AND NOW YOUR SAYING YOUR JUST GONNA WHAT, SEND ME OFF THE SHIP?" the woman's voice grew so loud that the whole queue went extremely silent.

Dream turned to George, his eyebrows raised, and saw that he was grinning broadly.

"When I grow up I wanna be just like her."whispered a small British voice from behind them, but neither George or Dream realised who that was until quite later.

"Listen ma'am I really don't want to take your ticket away from you; but if you keep shouting like that-" the man who was dealing with the passengers sounded quite flustered with all the commotion.

"LIKE I SAID- I HAVE A FOCKING TICKET, SO LET ME IN!" The woman didn't seem to care that the man could very easily just take away her ticket with that language.

Nearly everyone was staring at the woman and the man now.

Eventually he gave in. "Yes ma'am." he muttered angrily and stood aside to let the woman pass, they both glared at each other.