Chapter 9 - What next?

The uncomfortable heat, the sound of stirring waves below him, and the scratchy covers of his bed where the things that woke George up that morning.

His eyelids felt heavy as he adjusted to his surroundings.

His mind was groaning at him to climb back into bed and sleep. Stay in bed. It's better that way. What's the point anyway. But of course he ignored them. If there was one thing George had learnt, was to never trust the annoying voices at the back of his head that made him feel worthless.

George scrambled through the wardrobe, searching through racks of clothes of black buttons and laced shirts.

At last, He pulled his jacket over his shoulders and pushed the connecting door open into Dream's room.

Dream was at his desk, back arched over papers and the lamp switched on. A pen was lodged between his teeth and Dream's eyebrows where slightly narrowed, his eyes glued to the papers in front of him.

"Morning!" George cried happily, standing beside dream.

Dream jumped a little and turned around, and in that rush of a moment last night flooded into his head like waves. The stars, the flickering lanterns, and most importantly, George.

"You alright?" George questioned curiously. 

Dream wondered wether to say anything, and stared up at him, stunned. "it- yeah"

George looked at him, curious at his odd behaviour. "Oh- right"

There was a slight pause.

"What are you looking at?" George asked, bending over Dream's shoulder.

"Stuff about the victim." Dream said shortly.

"Oh? Any thing interesting?"

Dream snorted. "Of course it's interesting; it's about the victim. there's always someone a who gains all of his money or someone that's committed serious crime. For instance this man here-...." and then he trailed off, eyes narrowed at the papers clutched in front of him.

"What is it?" George asked, eyebrows raised.

There was a slight pause, and then

"10,000 dollars, I wonder if that's enough to kill someone for.." dream muttered, his eyes dancing across the pages ferociously.

"What?" George said, bewildered.

"Knew something was off about him." Dream grinned, beginning to stand up and stacking away the papers.

"Who? Dream, what are you on about?" George cried.

"Come on, we've got a man to find." And with that Dream swept towards to door, only pausing to let George catch up.

"Where are we-" George began, but before he could finish Dream had behind to drag his wrist down the corridor, and right into a rather distressed Alex.

They had nearly stumbled into each other, Alex running at top speed and dream nearly breaking into a run down the corridor, dragging a rather confused George with him.

Dream made an abrupt stop and Alex stumbled a little, falling sideways onto the wall.

"Getting a touch of deja vu?" George muttered into Dreams ear.

"Oh, terribly sorry sirs." Alex said hastily, getting into his feet again.

"No problem." Dream sighed, "now if you excuse us-" and he continued to drag George by the wrist.

"Wait!" Alex cried.

Dream stoped turned around and glared at Alex. "Yes?"

"It er- it's- this man, he was spotted lurking outside the bar last night, one of the servants told me." Alex said quietly.