Chapter 8 - stargazing

Apparently Phil had not been the murderer.

Well, he had denied it at least. They didn't have enough evidence yet to prove he had done it anyway.

After many minutes of discussing the case with George, Dream had slammed note pad down and slumped back into his leather armchair in defeat.

It was six whole hours later, and the two of them where staring out over the railings to sea. The waves were small and inky black, and the sky was dotted with hundreds of sparkling stars.

George had always been fond of stars. They always comforted him, in a way a human could not. It was rather as though he knew they would always be there. Never leaving him. Always glittering down at him. It was one of the things he lived for.

He gazed up at them, and felt his spirits rise.

Dream was leaning against the railing too, arms crossed and expression calm. His blonde hair had fallen over his face, and his green eyes where shining prettily, even in the dark he could pull of anything.

It was odd to think that he had only met Dream five days ago. To George, it had felt like he had known him for all his life, but explaining that to Dream would sound stupid and childish. And that was the last impression he would ever like to have on someone like dream.
George stopped and cringed at that. He was glad it was dark so Dream couldn't see how much he was blushing.

For minutes the two of them just stood there, leaning against the railing and admiring the view. The silence wasn't uncomfortable, but filled with joy and piece. None of them had felt anything like it.

And then Dream shifted towards George. He did it quite absentmindedly of course, his eyes still staring happily at the stars. But his arms had moved closer to George's, and that made them lean against each other.

George's stomach had twisted in a way he had never felt before, and he could still feel himself blushing as much as ever. 

But then he felt at ease at once. Dream's touch was as calming as anything, soothing him easily.

And instead of the twisting feeling, it was replaced with butterflies.

Dream however, was not noticing the effect he was giving off on George at all. His eyes where still drawn to the stars, his mind stuck to the fact that he was actually happy, the feeling that he though he had lost. But now it was there again, and it was George that had caused it. George who had made him feel special. George who had made him squirm with delight. George who had made him smile. Dream never thought he would ever be grateful for a person that much before.

George turned to Dream, beaming at him. And to his surprise, Dream turned to look at him to. It was wonderful moment, where the two of them merely looked at each other.

Dream's precious green eyes still shining back at him. His blonde hair swaying slightly.

George's brunette hair looked soft and fluffy, and his eyes had widened slightly.

And then George couldn't help but notice that Dream nose was rather close to his, and their feet where almost touching.

And in that moment, everything vanished. All the things that had been troubling George disappeared in an instant, everyone seemed to fade away. The ferry, the ocean, gone.

All that George could see, all the George was thinking about, was Dream.

He could feel himself blushing still, as Dream gazed ever so slightly down at him. And then George looked up at Dream's smile. The smile that was so perfect. The smile that George had noticed had been appearing more ever since he was around.

Dream bent down a little more, their noses where nearly touching now, and George's the butterflies in his stomach where there, stronger than ever.

And then, It felt as though somebody had shoved a pair of glasses onto  George's face. It felt as though somebody had plunged him into icy cold water, and now his vision was clearer. What on earth was he doing? Why was he thinking of  Dream like that? What had come over him?

And then George felt himself burning crimson red, and turning away in half embarrassment, and half panic.

Dream must have realised what he was doing too, for he had turned away hurriedly and his eyes where now fixed on his shoes. They now seemed to be very interesting indeed.

If George's stupid brain hadn't kicked in, and if Dream hadn't realised he was being a stupid flirt, I think I can guess what might have happened.

~~~~~~

Here's your dnf 🙄Please don't attack me because the chapter is short LMAO. Hope everyone's having/had a good day <3