Chapter 5 - "he's dead."

*TRIGGER WARNING* this chapter is gonna contain knives, blood, death that sort of thing you get the point 🤸‍♂️
~~~~~

The scream ripped the air like a blade.

Dream found himself standing up as fast as he could. What was that? He could hear his heart beating so fast he was scared someone would hear it.

"Dream- did- did you just hear that?" George had stood up too, but he looked far more terrified than Dream felt.

Without even saying anything, he rushed through the doorway and headed as fast as he could down the corridor, with what could have been at least fifty other guests. He found the George was right behind him, he rather liked that fact that he would stay with him.

Dream shoved the bar doors open, his hands shaking.

But in the middle of the room lay the bar tender, lying there quite still, and minx who semmed to be the one that had screamed. Her hands where shaking and she was staring down at the man in horror. Dream realised why.

To anyone he would look asleep, but when Dream made his way towards him, he soon noticed a large knife handle sticking out of his chest, the blood dripping down onto the carpet like paint.

Screams shouts and cries erupted around him like fireworks.

For a brief moment Dream wondered if this was hardly real. He was supposed to be going to solve a case in Poland- not- not a murder. This wasn't suppose to happen. Surely not. But- yet it had. Dream even pinched himself just to make sure he really wasn't dreaming, but somehow he found that he wasn't waking up.

Dream rushed over to the man felt for his pulse with his hands. After seconds of feeling he felt his own blood go cold. "He's dead." He said quietly.

George let out a whimper from behind him, and many people screamed once again.

"SOMEONE GET A DOCTOR!" Roared someone from behind him, and then was when the whole bar erupted into absolute chaos.

"STAY BACK." dream found himself shouting, and then he turned to Alex, who had turned completely white and had seemed to stop working properly. "please move everyone out of here sir, this is now a police investigation."
Dream stated, completely calm.

"Yes sir." Alex whispered. And began shouting at people in Spanish, then swore, then shouted to people in English.

"D-dream- what- do we do?" George was shaking ever so slightly, and trying his best to look away from the body.

"Oh George- it's gonna be okay- just make sure this area gets closed down alright? And keep asking around for a doctor." Dream could still feel his hands shaking but he ignored them. Now was not the time to let his nerves ruin his detective work.

Dream's words where slightly comforting, so George did as he was told and fled out the bar. Besides, he was glad to be away from the body.

He watched George talk to groups of people, and then disappear around the corner.

Dream new he only had minutes to spear before the doctors came. He needed to pick up any clues that could be important. He needed to solve this case. It was his job.

~~~~~~~~~

He fumbled at his pockets, taking out a napkin. Dream new that everything would need to be tested for fingerprints, so using the napkin wouldn't leave any marks of his own fingers.

He began searching the mans pockets and found hardly anything. Dream didn't find anything remotely interesting until he found what seemed to be an empty wallet.

Robbed. But what made no sense was why he would bring his wallet to work. After all, he wouldn't need it would he? What if he was planning to hand over money? But for what? He would only really know the other people that worked here, and they didn't seem to be the people that needed money. Dream put the empty wallet back in his pocket. And stood up again.

Then the doctors came rushing from behind him, shouting at each other in a language he did not understand. Dream decided it was his time to leave.

He strode through the bar, glancing one last time at the crime scene, and then turned away.

~~~~~~~

George was waiting outside, hovering anxiously. "Is- he really dead?" His voice quivered.

"Yep." Dream sighed, as if it was the easiest thing in the world to admit that someone had been murdered on this very boat, while they where on it.

"What do we do now?" George asked.

"We detect of course."

~~~~

This ones short because the next chapter is gonna contain loads 😎 hope everyone's having a good day :D