Across The Universe (Soulmate AU)

Disclaimer: Any dialogue that takes place on Krypton is actually in Kryptonian/Kryptonese (not sure what it's actually called)

——————————————————————

It was an instinct, a feeling that Kryptonians got when they first met their soulmate, if the person that was their perfect match was in the room with them, the Kryptonian knew. Kara was taught about soulmates from a young age, and she remembered fantasizing about what the person she was meant to be with was like. Then, on her twelfth birthday, just like everyone else on Krypton, her mark would finally appear, and using advanced Kryptonian technology, they would scan the mark and find an approximate location of her soulmate.

Kara practically leaped out of bed when her birthday came, immediately running to the nearest mirror and sticking out her tongue to see her mark. The soulmate marks that Kryptonians possessed were always on their tongues, and when they met their soulmate they were supposed to connect their marks by kissing and sealing their bond. Kara was slightly disappointed when her mark was barely there, only a faint outline. She couldn't even tell what the mark looked like yet. "Don't fret my sweet Kara, you know it takes some time for the mark to develop."

The blonde smiled a little when she heard her mother before turning around to address her, "I know mother, I'm just so excited to see what my mark is going to be and find out where my soulmate is." "I know my dear, but how about you come to eat some of the special birthday food Kelex has made for you and try to take your mind off of it? It will fully appear soon enough." Kara had nodded before skipping off to eat her birthday breakfast.

By the next day, the Alien could see her soulmate mark clearly, but she wasn't sure what to make of it. The blonde immediately ran to Alura to ask her about it, "Mother, my mark has finally appeared! I'm not sure what it is though, I kind of looks like a Dauressa, but not exactly." In reality, the mark was a small rose:

Of course, roses didn't exist on Krypton, so neither Kara nor her mother could tell that's what it was

Of course, roses didn't exist on Krypton, so neither Kara nor her mother could tell that's what it was. "I'm so happy for you my sweet Kara, and you're correct, the mark does look similar to the Dauressa flower, but that's not what it is. I don't recognize it." "Me neither, but I like it anyway, it's pretty." Alura just nodded in agreement. "Can we please scan it now mother? I want to see where my soulmate is!" "Of course, let me retrieve the scanner."

Most people on Krypton had to visit their medical caretaker to get their mark scanned when it appeared, but Kara was fortunate that her father was a medical caretaker, and they had a soulmate mark scanner at home. The blonde was buzzing with excitement as her mother walked into the room with the small device in her hand. Her tongue darted out of her mouth without hesitation as the scanner analyzed her mark.

Analyzing...

Mark Type: Rose

Gender of Soulmate: Female