The Dreams - Part One

* Disclaimers: Mon-El doesn't exist. Kara was never attracted to James. Alex never lost her memories. Lex was never brought back to life. Alex never hated Kara as a teenager. Kara is bisexual. Alex came out earlier. (she felt encouraged because Kara came out)*

><><><><><><><><><><><><

When Kara first landed on earth, she began having these dreams. Every night she would have a dream that always included one of the three people that had taken her in. The majority of the time it was her adoptive sister Alex in the dreams, then the second most it was Eliza, and every once in a while she had ones with Jeremiah in them.

For the first week that Kara was living in the Danvers household she didn't sleep a wink, how could she when she had already been asleep for the past 24 years, and on top of that the death of her family and her planet had felt like it had just happened? But finally, Kara closed her eyes one night and did the Kryptonian calming meditation in her head. Her mother always used to speak it to her when she couldn't sleep back on Krypton.

For the first time on Earth (about a week and a half after landing there) the blonde managed to actually fall asleep, and she had this dream. It was more vivid than anything she had ever experienced and even weirder, she knew she was dreaming. Lucid dreaming was also something that had never happened to her before.

The first thing she noticed was that the dream was located on Krypton, and the next was that Alex had shown up there as well. Without going into too much detail, this same thing continued to happen every night, and at first, it was only Alex in the dreams. Another thing that Kara noticed about these, is that even though she was always aware that she was dreaming, she wasn't always in control of the things she said or did in the dreams, she was sometimes, but not always.

After they had been happening for a while, maybe a couple of weeks, Alex had walked over to Kara one night before she could fall asleep and sat on her bed with her. They had a whole conversation about the dreams that night, and that's when Kara found out that Alex knew she was there too, almost as if Kara was somehow mentally transporting Alex into the dreams with her.

After telling Alex's parents and doing some testing, they figured out that Kara's mind was in fact able to transport other people into her dreams. Eliza said that based on her neural patterns and on the patterns of her emotions, the person who came into her dream was either chosen because they were near Kara while she was sleeping, or because of a specific emotional connection with the person within the last 12 hours.

From that point on, Kara's dreams became utterly normal, and everyone in the house was used to them. The Kryptonian would have them every single night, and every single night one of the three people in the Danvers household was in the dream. It was actually kind of good, it really helped Kara create stronger bonds with her adoptive family.

This continued for years, and never once had Kara not had a dream. (unless of course, she didn't fall asleep) As they kept happening over the years, Kara learned more and more about them. She learned that it was impossible (at least she was pretty sure) for her to choose who would be in the dream with her, and there could never be more than one person there. She learned that the locations of the dreams were only places that Kara had both been to, and had some sort of emotional connection to.

They were also just like any other Dreams in the sense that things were possible in them that weren't possible in real life, but every night Kara and whoever was with her (Usually Alex) felt like they were really there. All of their senses worked properly and fit with the given Environment. When the dreams were located on Krypton, for Example, Kara was unable to use her powers, but when they took place somewhere on earth she could.