𝐼𝐼. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐸𝑟𝑠𝑎𝑡𝑧 𝐸𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑎𝑡𝑜𝑟 𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝐼𝐼

The hot air balloon landed on the bottom of the elevator shaft and Aurora was shocked to see that there was indeed a cage at the bottom and that the cage indeed held two children who looked exactly alike.

Duncan and Isadora.

"You found us," Duncan smiled as he and Isadora held the bars of the cage while Aurora and the Baudelaires landed.

"I'm so happy to see you," Isadora added and then looked at Aurora.

"I've never been so happy to see anyone," Klaus replied. "And this Aurora Snicket, she's been helping us."

"Snicket?" Duncan asked.

"Why does everyone keep asking that?" Aurora muttered.

"How did you find us?" Isadora asked.

"It was Klaus's idea," Violet replied.

"And Violet's invention," Aurora added.

"And Aurora's help," Klaus finished. "Do you think you can pick this lock?" He then asked his sister.

"Not without any tools. I wish I could see what's down here," Violet replied.

"Try this," Isadora said and took out part of a spyglass. Violet took out the other part but Aurora was faster and took out her own which was whole.

"Keep yours, you might need it," She told Isadora and handed back her part of the spyglass.

"No, you guys might need two," She smiled back and handed Violet the other half again.

"See the marking? If you line them up..." Duncan started explaining.

"And give it a half-turn counter-clockwise," Isadora added and Violet's spyglass turned into a flashlight.

"We learned that in The Incomplete History of Secrets Organizations. That's also where we learned of the name Snicket." Duncan explained and Aurora knitted her eyebrows together.

"What has my family to do with this?" She asked.

"That means you found the book?" Klaus asked.

"Right before we were kidnapped. We took as many notes as we could. We may be kidnap victims, but I'm still a journalist," Duncan replied and Aurora just wondered how they could all stay so positive in such a bad situation.

"We've learned many haunting secrets," Isadora continued.

"About our parents. And your parents, too. And the Snicket's," Duncan added.

"We were right. Everything is connected." Isadora finished.

"Well, what did you learn?" Klaus asked but then a sound from above came. Aurora and the other looked up and a curl from Aurora's afro like hair fell in front of her eyes.