𝑋. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑆𝑙𝑖𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑆𝑙𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝐼𝐼

As previously stated, there are 5 stages to grief

As previously stated, there are 5 stages to grief. But the author would like to add a sixth one.

Revange.

"So, these are Sunny Baudelaire and Aurora Snicket." The beard man said as Aurora hugged Sunny as close as she could. There was no way she was going to let them touch even a hair on her head.

"I threw Sunny's siblings off a mountain and murdered Aurora's father and I'm keeping them as servants. Look who's not a total disappointment after all!" Olaf explained proudly as Aurora held her hand on her dagger.

"An infant and teenage servant. I had two of those myself before the schism." The hair woman said as Aurora was trying to think of a way to survive.

"The schism was a long time ago. That baby must be all grown up." Fernald thought out loud.

"Not necessarily." The hair woman smirked.

"Not scared." Sunny babbled from Aurora's arms as Aurora held her protectively.

"You two have caused almost as many problems as your parents did. But we know how to solve problems, don't we?" The beard man asked.

"I won't let you hurt us." Aurora sneered.

"Funny, your mother said the same thing before we threw her into a lake with a heavy stone tied to her leg." The hair woman replied and Aurora tried to keep her tears in.

"And fire can solve any problem in the world." The beard man added.

"For example, we heard a nasty rumour that the survivor of a recent fire and one of a crime were hiding in V.F.D. Headquarters, so we paid it a visit." The hair woman continued as Aurora grew confused. She only knew about the survivor of the fire.

"There aren't any survivors now." The beard man said, and all of Aurora's hope disappeared like snow in the sun.

"I'm gonna kill you." She said with anger lacing her voice.

"Oh, Aurora Snicket, you can't kill someone when you've been killed yourself." The beard man shot back and Aurora glared at him with fire lighting up her dark eyes.

"Sorry, just to be clear, when you say there aren't any survivors, do you mean you killed them or didn't find them? I'm a bit confused on that part." Olaf asked.

"The place was deserted. The rumours were obviously false." The beard man shot back.

"We did run into one of your old associates, the Snicket girl. Aurora's aunt." The hair woman added and both Aurora and Olaf perked up.

"What did you do to her?" Olaf asked before Aurora could.

"She got away." The beard man replied and Aurora sighed in relief.

"But she won't get far. She's in the middle of the mountains."

"And she's all alone."

"Well, you don't know my aunt. Just like you don't know me," Aurora shot back. And as she thought of her aunt, she thought of just the way to escape. "Sunny, I have an idea, I don't want to leave you, but I need to get some supplies." She said as she sat Sunny down who was ordered to make breakfast. Aurora had undone her braids and her natural curly hair was back.