𝐼𝑋. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑆𝑙𝑖𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑆𝑙𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝐼

Grief is a funny thing. It's something that affects us all in different ways and different forms. But there is one thing that everyone can relate to.

They say there are five stages to grief. Denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

And as Aurora Snicket was stuck in a car full of villains and Sunny Baudelaire, she was going through those stages as she believed the girl she fell in love with and her brother fell to their deaths.

1. Denial

"Ow! Oh, this baby keeps biting me!" Esmé Squalor, Aurora's aunt, complained as Aurora quickly tried to take the small child as tears fell down her cheeks.

"Put her in the glove compartment," Count Olaf replied unbothered and Esmé tried to do as suggested but Aurora quickly took her over and held her close. "Do you smell that, Esmé?" Olaf asked her and Esmé took a sniff. "That's the fresh mountain scent of T-R-Y-M-F!"

"What, darling?" Esmé asked, confused as Aurora tried to figure out what Olaf was spelling.

"Triumph!" Olaf exclaimed.

"That's spelled T-R-I-U-" Aurora started but Olad stopped her.

"For years, or at least what seemed like years, I have pursued the Baudelaire fortune via a wide variety of brilliant, only partially successful schemes. But now, finally, I'm on the right path!" He cheered while Aurora tried to block out the sound of his voice.

"That way." Esmé interrupted as they came to a fork in the road.

"Aargh! Now I'm finally on the right path. Two out of three Baudelaire orphans have tumbled off a cliff and been smashed flat." At that Aurora rolled her eyes.

"They're not dead, idiot." She muttered and Fernald and Alex looked at her with slight concern while Olaf drank something before throwing it out of the window.

"We are en roo-tay to the secret V.F.D. headquarters to destroy our enemies once and for all, including whichever Baudelaire parent survived the fire." Olaf continued as Aurora tried to hold back tears while twisting her ring.

"Probably the mom. Women are more resilient." The white-faced women replied to Olaf.

"And best of all, the Baudelaire and Snicket fortunes are in my hands, or at least this infant and volunteer is." Sunny growled at Olaf while Aurora glared at him.

"Your plan won't work. Violet and Klaus are still alive and I'm not the last Snicket." She shot back, but Olaf smirked evilly at her.

"Those Baudelaire brats fell to their death. And the last time I checked, your father's dead, Lemony is either dead or on the lam and Kit... while she's gone, too," He shot back and Aurora looked away as Sunny snuggled closer to her. "My only regret is that I wasn't able to hear the splat, or whatever sound a caravan makes when it falls off a cliff and squashes rich kids."